Archived Quitting (2Weeks) then reapplying later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleEye

Executive Team Leader
What do you guys think about someone quitting Target before acquiring a degree, waiting a few months, then applying to be an ETL? Target is definitely moving away from promoting from within, so I wonder if it's viable.

It doesn't sound like a wise move.

Dunno 'bout viable...

Honestly I don't want to stay with Target if I can't become an ETL, so It's probably my only choice unless leadership changes and I get someone who just absolutely loves me

You have infinitely better odds applying externally for ETL than waiting to be promoted internally from TL to Sr TL to ETL.

However, when they see you have a history with Target, they'll almost definitely reach out to your current leadership for their thoughts on you, so keep that in mind.

What do you guys think about someone quitting Target before acquiring a degree, waiting a few months, then applying to be an ETL? Target is definitely moving away from promoting from within, so I wonder if it's viable.

I've actually suggested this to team members who are in college and wanted to just go to TL so they can make it to ETL.

You bypass so much bullllllllllshit by skipping the TL position. Go out, get experience elsewhere, come back in. You'll make more money, too!

Intern it up or leave and come back. Our district had way more external ETLs than internal hires.

Would they allow a TM to just up and leave to be an intern?

You'd only be going if your leadership approved it. STL would sign you off and then you'd go to the interviews.

I'm about a year out from getting my degree, I'll probably just tough it out, quit a little before I get the degree, then reapply after. I really don't think I'll be promoting any time soon with my current leadership. They are adamant about external hiring.

Then one day I'll show up at a store as an ETL with some of my former leaders and give them that "in your face" look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back