Archived Quitting Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
First post - here goes nothing

Here's my situation: I started working at Target about a month and a half ago. I applied hoping to work over the summer but didn't get a call back until right before school started. I figured I'd take the job since I need money and I've scheduled school around work and everything is working fine. Here's the kicker, over the last couple weeks, I've been in contact with another workplace within the field I'm going to school for. I had a job shadow there and really enjoyed it and from what I've heard, everyone there really liked me (my best friend's dad is VP of HR so I have good connections =]) Anyway, this company has asked if I would be interested in doing an internship for them, and this internship would more than likely be used as training for a future full-time job. My question is, what is the best way to go about informing target/quitting/leaving so that if things don't work out, I have the opportunity to go back to target. The thing is, I really don't dislike working there, it's just this internship is kind of too good of an opportunity to pass up.

Extra information: The internship is paid (more than I'm getting from Target) and it will probably last about 2 months. Had I known about the internship before I was interviewed I wouldn't have taken the job at target, but now I'm kinda stuck and feel bad about leaving this soon, which is why I want to do it the best way possible.

Thank for your help!

Well, considering that you haven't even reached the end of your 90-day evaluation period for Target... I would just give them a two-weeks notice and then be done with it? I guess.

I mean, for all you know, they might of not planned to keep you past 90days anyways (which is what it seems sometimes @ target I work at).

Put in your 2 weeks and explain the situation. When you work all the way through your 2 weeks you will be marked as rehireable in Target's system. Never burn your bridges.

Put in your 2 weeks and explain the situation. When you work all the way through your 2 weeks you will be marked as rehireable in Target's system. Never burn your bridges.

And as long as the Execs aren't spiteful, they would love to have someone who can come in and do the job without much training.

Do the 2 weeks form. It is always a good thing to leave on good terms.
You never when you may Have to work at spot in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back