Archived Quitting w/o Notice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I submitted my resignation online and worked out the remainder of my scheduled shifts, up to the date I indicated would be my last. No one (not HR, ETL, TL or other TMs) said anything to me about me leaving (we'll miss you, why are you leaving, good luck, today's your last day, etc.). Not that I wanted them to or anything, just not sure if anyone 'got the memo.' Since then I've been on the schedule as 'att unpaid time off.' so I know my resignation went through. I don't know what att time off is though and not sure why I just wouldn't be removed entirety, not just listed as time off. I'm kinda thinking a few months will go by until someone asks where I've been, then they'll look to see and find that I quit 3 months ago.

Has anyone ever quit, or do you of someone who quit, that went unnoticed or somehow slipped through the cracks?

My schedule, even though I resigned.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190503-213824.png
    Screenshot_20190503-213824.png
    68.4 KB · Views: 96
My schedule, even though I resigned.
Because you're still in the system until you leave. There's a process that has to be done after the fact. So they don't schedule you until that is done.

I submitted my resignation online and worked out the remainder of my scheduled shifts, up to the date I indicated would be my last. No one (not HR, ETL, TL or other TMs) said anything to me about me leaving (we'll miss you, why are you leaving, good luck, today's your last day, etc.). Not that I wanted them to or anything, just not sure if anyone 'got the memo.' Since then I've been on the schedule as 'att unpaid time off.' so I know my resignation went through. I don't know what att time off is though and not sure why I just wouldn't be removed entirety, not just listed as time off. I'm kinda thinking a few months will go by until someone asks where I've been, then they'll look to see and find that I quit 3 months ago.

Has anyone ever quit, or do you of someone who quit, that went unnoticed or somehow slipped through the cracks?
Plenty of people quit and go unnoticed by me because Target is a revolving door and I'm too concerned about myself and direct co-workers to notice everyone that leaves.

Because you're still in the system until you leave. There's a process that has to be done after the fact. So they don't schedule you until that is done.

What is the process? This is the second weeks schedule I've been still on.

Yes. If they work in another department, sometimes we don't find out they quit until a few days later.

Sounds like you're upset no one noticed 🤷‍♀️ If your a good team member, I basically beg you until you leave on your last day to stay. You had your last day, it's done and over with. Move on...

Sounds like you're upset no one noticed 🤷‍♀️ If your a good team member, I basically beg you until you leave on your last day to stay. You had your last day, it's done and over with. Move on...

I'm not upset that no one noticed. I'd actually prefer it this way. I'm just wondering if I did everything on my end I was supposed to do. Someone I worked w turned in their two week notice the day before I did. They printed out a letter and handed it to HR but they said it had to be done online now. So that's where I submitted mine, resigned through Workday. Is this what I was supposed to do? Again I don't care if no one noticed and I'm not upset no one said good bye. Just want to make sure I'm not marked as 'fired' or job abandonment or whatever on the work number.

I'm not upset that no one noticed. I'd actually prefer it this way. I'm just wondering if I did everything on my end I was supposed to do. Someone I worked w turned in their two week notice the day before I did. They printed out a letter and handed it to HR but they said it had to be done online now. So that's where I submitted mine, resigned through Workday. Is this what I was supposed to do? Again I don't care if no one noticed and I'm not upset no one said good bye. Just want to make sure I'm not marked as 'fired' or job abandonment or whatever on the work number.

Yep and talk to HR if your that paranoid to make sure your good. But it sounds like you wanted someone to notice or you wouldn't brought it up

Shouldn’t we talk to our TL or HR before we put resignation?
Depending on the job offer and Target scheduling, there may not be time before. If that is the case, then I would tell the relevant people at first opportunity after submitting it.

Also I know my store uses TM's on LOA or have just left to schedule newbies until their numbers get working. We call it ghost schedules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back