Re-applied to target & got rejected

Hey guys, I have worked at target for about two years in 2017-2019 and just re-applied recently for beauty and style. Only 10 hours later, I received an email from HR saying that the hiring team has rejected me and I don’t understand why.
When I worked at target prior, I was as a cashier for the first year and 6 months, then transferred to beauty for the last 5 months of being there. I fulfilled my two week resignation and left on good terms with the company. I year and a half later they have rejected me on the spot. I’ve truly enjoyed working at target; it’s a great company with good people and I felt like I’ve fit it very well. If there’s any input to why I got rejected, I would gladly appreciate any suggestions for clarity.

Last edited:

azure

Service Advocate
Just apply again with a resume. They reject everyone it seems like some reason. It’s also a bad time to apply. Q4 is the best time.

happygoth

reshop till I drop
Sometimes they auto-reject to clean out applications, sometimes there actually isn't an opening even if it lets you apply. I was rejected at least three times even though I had lots of experience and open availability. I just kept reapplying every time the system would let me. Finally hit it at the right time.

If you didn't apply with fill open availability, I know at a lot of stores they're just auto rejecting now because availability issues is a problem this day and age

NKG

Nkg
Sometimes they auto-reject to clean out applications, sometimes there actually isn't an opening even if it lets you apply. I was rejected at least three times even though I had lots of experience and open availability. I just kept reapplying every time the system would let me. Finally hit it at the right time.
Stemming off HappyGoth-

Target is required to have basic applications in the system. Your store might just gather applications and review them as needed. If you put you only want to work beauty and they aren't hiring for that then they will pass. Availability also is huge. My store would give those with open availability an interview. Job experience is 2nd- if I see you bounce around or reasons for leaving aren't consistent then I'd pass.