Archived Read Across America

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm about to go out with my team to a local elementary school for Read Across America. This is my favorite volunteer event we do :)

Does anyone know why we stopped having our Dr. Seuss reading in stores? I was told Target wasn't doing that this year. I'm just not sure why since I know at my store it was always a big hit and the parents really appreciated it.

i'm super upset about that. it was my fave event as well, and now we're not even going to read. i volunteered at a local school to read and help with decorations. they've done an entire week dedicated to seuss.
target also use to have a really awesome reading site tied into their website. you could pull up different books and activities for all ages. it was really amazing, and it tied in well with the reading buddy programs and other literacy programs they were funding. i use to help out in a prek program, and we would get all kinds of ideas and printables from it. it was designed 1000 times better than the target.com website itself, so i guess it had to go...

We are doing it at my store. Of course we also bought the school an entire library so there is that (In the area of a few thousand books.)

But I think overall that they are not doing it because reading to kids is great for them but really doesn't get the name out in the local paper that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back