Archived Reapplying for redcard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long story short my dad allowed his redcard to become inactive because of a snafu when we switched to chips. He had a visa with a cli of 12k. If he reapplies would he get denied sinfe he is paying still on the old card? If accepted would his limit be the same or would he have to rebuild up to it? He just wants to know if it will be worth it or not. My gsa was completely useless around this question -_-

Long story short my dad allowed his redcard to become inactive because of a snafu when we switched to chips. He had a visa with a cli of 12k. If he reapplies would he get denied sinfe he is paying still on the old card? If accepted would his limit be the same or would he have to rebuild up to it? He just wants to know if it will be worth it or not. My gsa was completely useless around this question -_-

They cant hold anything against your credit if more than 7 years old. If hes on collection then its going to deny the application.

Oh no he isnt in collections he is still getting regular statements he makes over the minimum payments and all on time. I just didnt know if he is still paying on it if he could apply for a new one. Its been a couple years I think since it was shit down by spot for none use

He wont get one weirdo doesnt trust a card tied to his bank doesnt even have a debit for his account. Has no proboems with credit cards. Heck he doesnt even get online nor own a computer he thinks he is safe if he doesnt do anything onlin smh. Old man is awesome and the best but he makes me laugh with his ideas.

The red card? That is his idea I told him I would find out how it would go so he doesnt waste a hard pull. He wants to get a tv and buys movies alot at spot. You cant make him do anything he is against believe me it doesnt end well.

Since he's still paying on the old account, he should be able to call card member services & inquire about reactivating the account.
Shouldn't be a problem as long as he's kept up with payments, no late or delinquent notices, etc.

If your Dad is still paying on his old card then it might not be a good idea to get another RedCard.....for if he's still paying he's more than lost the 5% he was saving at the time of purchase. Remember, each month the bill rolls over he's getting charged for the interest on what he owes. So, actually he's losing money by not having his card paid in full each month.

I understand your Dad not wanting to get a debit card....and that is fine. However, a credit card....credit RedCard.....he'll just end up getting caught up in a losing battle. He'll have two cards (the one with the balance and then the new card) and carrying a balance on both cards.....that can only mean trouble.

I wouldn't encourage you Dad to get a new RedCard......at least not until he pays off the account balance he already has.

Don't hold anything against your GSA for not having any answers....this isn't a typical question and most people wouldn't know an answer.

Nothing personal against the gsa she is an airhead though so I didnt expect much with such an odd question. I just didnt want him to waste a hard pull if he would be better off going elsewhere. Realistically he just wanted to save on the movies and toys he buys for himself and my brother. Thanks for the help all I have a pet peeve pver wasted hard pulls and ever since target began hardpulls its been a sour grape.

Don’t do credit lol.

“Let me help you save 5% so we can charge 19%+ on interest!”

The credit card is the biggest racket. If you can’t afford it, don’t buy it kids.

Yeah what's the point of using the redcard if it's just going to be added to your balance that's accruing massive amounts of interest?

Don’t do credit lol.

“Let me help you save 5% so we can charge 19%+ on interest!”

The credit card is the biggest racket. If you can’t afford it, don’t buy it kids.
Yeah what's the point of using the redcard if it's just going to be added to your balance that's accruing massive amounts of interest?
If you can pay it in full every month it’s fine. But for a lot of people that’s not an option. You could also just pay it off after you make every purchase.

You could also just pay it off after you make every purchase.
This is what I recommend to guests who express concern over the interest rate.

Why not the debit?!?!?!
Because people don't like saving money? Or something.

One actual drawback to applying for debit in-store, though, is the need to have a physical check on hand. Very few people seem to use checks except for mailing in monthly bills anymore. I give out a lot of those mini flyers, and we do get quite a few online apps credited to our store. But there's no way to credit those to an individual cashier that influenced the decision to apply.

The credit REDcard is garbage and unless a guest is explicitly looking for a credit card, I'll point them towards the debit option. 24.05% APR? Fuck that

If you can pay it in full every month it’s fine. But for a lot of people that’s not an option. You could also just pay it off after you make every purchase.
OP stated the account has a balance of 12k and only the minimum payment is made, which is why I said what I said for this situation.

The credit REDcard is garbage and unless a guest is explicitly looking for a credit card, I'll point them towards the debit option. 24.05% APR? Fuck that
My credit card has like 28% interest (first card with no credit and like a $300 limit). Never paid a dime in interest and I’ve gotten a few hundred cash back from purchases. Someone previously said it right. Don’t buy shit you can’t afford.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back