Archived Reapplying Struggle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently moved back and expressed interest in to coming back to Target with my old HR. At the time they were currently not hiring and told me to keep in touch if anything opens up. I've been checking the site weekly and my roommate who works Flow tells me they need people bad (even if they seem to be not hiring)

anyways I see the site today saying they were hiring for Flow so I call my HR and said they weren't? To be save I tried to resubmit an application and it wouldnt let me saying I've already completed the questionnaire. Its been well over a month (not sure how long app stays open)

I left on good terms. I'm just a little confused with the "now hiring" on the site as well as unable to submit another app.

Welcome back. It is suggested to ask your roommate, how are sales at the store? Has hours been cut? If they say yes, then the store is not hiring. Don't give up. Keep checking in with your old hr.

The application stays open for two months. I haven't reapplied in a while, though I have frequently checked to see if the stores in the area where I live are hiring.

Just because a department needs people doesn't mean they are hiring. Remember, they owe more to the shareholders than to the employees, so understaffing is critical.
Find another.place to work.

Thanks guys. I'm going to try the next closest store in my area as well as look around elsewhere in general.

As stated above after calling HR and them telling me they arent hiring. She announced in the break room if they knew 3-4 guys thatd like to work Flow. The majority of my old coworkers and friends said my name. And she went about saying "no. anyone but him."

I left on good terms. HR even helped me transfer. I don't know why she would lie to me the day before saying they are full, and then announce in the huddle otherwise. Can I complain to someone about it as far as false info and the response she said in break? I was given no indication why as to rehire. My old TL, ETL, and store manager have since left or transferred who loved my work ethic.

did you leave on good terms? give them no reason to mark you as non-rehireable?

If the managememt is as hostile to him returning as it sounds, who cares? Soes he really want to go to work somewhere rhat doesn't want him back?

I think its best to move on. Yes I agree. But when the new Flow TL who knew me from Plano heard I was coming back she was all aboard. Sounds like too much of a sure thing. I left on good terms. I wasnt marked non-rehireable that I know of. I would feel better if the HR was just honest and said I couldnt come back, maybe even gave a reason. But the fact that she lied about a job posting being open and then deliberately used my name in reference when it was brought up needing new members kind of irks me.

I'm probably blowing smoke, but I did enjoy the company and store as silly as that would sound. It almosts makes me ponder why I havent gotten other jobs lately when they call for references from old jobs. Just paranoia i guess.

I still think I should run this by the new store gm

They are not allowed to say anything to other companies about you other than confirming that you worked there and your dates of employment. However, it may be that someone at another company is friends with someone at your old store and they're passing on information that they shouldn't be passing on. It happens. Someone sees you worked for Target and says "Oh, let me call my friend and find out more about this applicant."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back