Archived reasons that target fires people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't steal....don't curse management out....don't do anything that is considered safety negligent...don't purchases clearance merchandise from the backroom...basically if you have to stop and think about it, its probably wrong
No, do what our store does. Roll the clearance out onto the floor, wait 15 minutes then buy it.

I’ve been working at Target in the Starbucks for almost 90 days and they’ve called me in twice to talk to me. First time was really strange bc someone else had said they’d heard me say something about committing suicide!!! Which did not happen, and I’ve no idea wth was going on there or who thought they’d heard what, but I told them that someone got it wrong completely!
The second time, it was bc the Starbucks DM stopped by one day and I was working. She said I was fantastic except I had to lose all my jewellery (earrings basically) and I had to wear a hat at all times. I usually do, but I have very very short hair and at the regular Starbucks stores it’s optional. No one had ever specified if we had to or not. I haven’t been given time to complete my computer training either.
They also ride me CONSTANTLY to be faster at closing the store alone. It’s very difficult for me.
I’m pretty sure I’ll be fired.

I’ve been working at Target in the Starbucks for almost 90 days and they’ve called me in twice to talk to me. First time was really strange bc someone else had said they’d heard me say something about committing suicide!!! Which did not happen, and I’ve no idea wth was going on there or who thought they’d heard what, but I told them that someone got it wrong completely!
The second time, it was bc the Starbucks DM stopped by one day and I was working. She said I was fantastic except I had to lose all my jewellery (earrings basically) and I had to wear a hat at all times. I usually do, but I have very very short hair and at the regular Starbucks stores it’s optional. No one had ever specified if we had to or not. I haven’t been given time to complete my computer training either.
They also ride me CONSTANTLY to be faster at closing the store alone. It’s very difficult for me.
I’m pretty sure I’ll be fired.

If you can make the drinks and are not entirely awful you probably are fine. Starbucks is the hardest area to staff for most of us.

I have a LOT of Starbucks experience starting 20 years ago in Chicago, then on and off through 2017. I’ve been a supervisor at a few coffee places as well. It just seems like they’re very picky about certain things (like closing the shop very quickly) and not much training is provided. If I didn’t already know how to make the drinks, I would’ve been totally screwed and completely overwhelmed!
It seems very serious to call someone in to discuss these things and I’m very concerned about what it means. I’m not great at reading people in these corporate situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back