Archived Receipt Lookup For Electronics during holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else noticed issues with looking up electronics items using receipt lookup? Was there a RedWire notification that I've missed? Have had a few guests now who know they paid for something in electronics with the card they give me and within the holiday return period for electronics. Item does not come up but have had a few of the guests either find the receipt or get a pictured of it sent to them and the receipt is clearly within the holiday return time and shows the card they have given as the form of payment. Had someone the other day the bought something the week of Xmas and iPad did not show up on the card.

I'm a little bit confused, but as TPS I get asked to do receipt look ups and print outs all of the time. I know of a few times where an item did not show up on a receipt (or during look up), but I saw it clearly being scanned when asked to look into it. It happens more often in electronics.

You can always get with your TPS and your AP to double check. Sometimes these mistakes just happen. You might want let someone know if it is happening a lot, though. :/

I had that happen last year with an iPad around the holidays. I did a receipt look up and it couldn't find it, but because the guest was a TM at a different store, I went and pulled up the receipt on inside POS, and it was there. I called the return (lack of) help desk, and there was nothing they could do, so I had to override it with the code. They simply told me that the receipt look up isn't 100% guaranteed.

I was not impressed.

I have had similar happen to me. It's items with serial #'s usually. For some reason typing in the serial rather than scanning the serial's barcode typically makes it work.

if you buy something with your redcard that has a 30 day return period do you get an extra 30 days on that as well? I always thought you did but then a GSTM told me yesterday that you do not.

You also want to try all of the guest's cards....even shared family member cards. Family member cards can be encoded just slightly different to where it will need that specific person's card. Also ask if they have updated their cards since the purchase.

if you buy something with your redcard that has a 30 day return period do you get an extra 30 days on that as well? I always thought you did but then a GSTM told me yesterday that you do not.

Yes, you do. The extra 30 day return does not apply to fixed returns like Halloween and the special run lines we get in once or twice a year.

This is also on the website.

Since this has turned to return questions I'll ask one: if a guest brings in a receipt and you issue the refund to their card, but they cancelled said card for a new one, will it still go to their old account? Or should you use the "Credit" option on the refund screen to issue it to their new card? I assume the card can still accept return credits even after it's cancelled, but I'm not sure. Anyone know for sure?

I did a return & forgot spot had changed my red card number. The credit was applied to both cards numbers. I have not gotten my statement to see the end result yet

Since this has turned to return questions I'll ask one: if a guest brings in a receipt and you issue the refund to their card, but they cancelled said card for a new one, will it still go to their old account? Or should you use the "Credit" option on the refund screen to issue it to their new card? I assume the card can still accept return credits even after it's cancelled, but I'm not sure. Anyone know for sure?

Yes, it will.

The credit goes back to the account using an old card, but it is sometimes delayed. I usually override it to their new account just to make the paranoid guest happy though.

If they simply have a new number, then the account on the back end with their company is still the same, so they will get the credit to their account. If the account is closed, then they can either get it back in s gift card, or we can refund the money to the old account and their old financial institution will eventually mail them a refund check.

This is the official explanation and way to do it. You and your store may override it depending on the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back