Archived Received my internship location/pyramid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently received my internship information. As an obvious precaution I will not release the location, but would like some insight into the position I received! I will be an ETL-Operations intern, I have read about the position trying to get more information, but I have never worked in a store with this role.

Any of you out there have experience with this position? What should I expect from it? What exactly is the 'department' it covers, or is it all of them? Thanks everyone!

Depending on the size of the store, we used have a similar job before it was downsized. Good chance, it is logistics.
Congrats!

We have an ETL OPS at my store, they oversee Price Accuracy and Presentation. The role of Operations is to "protect the target brand". Other ETLs call it an extra zoner... jokingly but our OPS spends plenty of time on the floor working with the team.

We have an ETL OPS at my store, they oversee Price Accuracy and Presentation. The role of Operations is to "protect the target brand". Other ETLs call it an extra zoner... jokingly but our OPS spends plenty of time on the floor working with the team.
I'd love to do that as an ETL.. lol I'd rather be hands on while managing... rather than sitting behind the scenes giving commands to the TLs to then again pass down...

We also have an ETL-Ops as of AE14. He oversees pricing, instocks, plano, and backroom day (because our ETL-Log is overnight).

The idea of ETL-Operations is to be numbers focused rather than assigned to a specific area (i.e. HR, HL, SL, LOG, AP, etc) and not have to worry about TMs. When a store doesn't have an ETL-Operations, the ETL-Log is responsible for most of their duties. The ETL-Operations will oversee mostly Logistics processes since that consists of approx. 2/3 of operations scores but will also incorporate HL numbers (green or red). This can be the most abused position as some have pointed out, but when used properly I think this can be the best ETL position in the store.

Side note, when Target clenches it's behind this position is dissolved quickly and the other ETLs take over the duties.

Side note, when Target clenches it's behind this position is dissolved quickly and the other ETLs take over the duties.

AE14 actually made the opposite happen at my store - we have an ETL-Ops now. We used to have 2 Hardlines and a Replenishment.

We had Ops but got dissolved. HL and Log took over. In our area I've only seen Ops used at high risk stores.

Ops was added at the store I worked at before interning with AE14 as well.

I have only had one day in store with my mentor, but I already feel like I am grasping the concepts around the position. The knowledge on this board is helpful and I appreciate it!

Working as an Etl-Ops intern all summer was a lot of fun. Received an offer yesterday at about what everyone estimates it to be. When I graduate I hope to have more offers so I can choose, but if not I will be staying.

Working as an Etl-Ops intern all summer was a lot of fun. Received an offer yesterday at about what everyone estimates it to be. When I graduate I hope to have more offers so I can choose, but if not I will be staying.

START NOW!! Seriously, start looking for things now if you really want to get out of Target....

I waited until January to start looking... I almost ended up not finding something in time. A few of my friends who started looking in January still haven't found anything!!

Polish that resume up with all of your Target achievements and start getting it out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back