Archived Receivers / Modernization questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Going with the Flow

Queen of the dungeon
I have a few questions for Receivers doing End to End.
1. How has sweep loading changed? With the unload scheduled to take up to 3 hours how is this affecting your sweep loading process? I like to load mine asap. Hoping this doesnt ruin my current process too much on the one sweep day that we get a truck.

2. How have your vendor hours changed.

3. In what other ways has this changed your day to day processes?

Feel free to add any advice tips you have to share and thank you in advance.

Last edited:
I’m not the receiver, but I’ve done that job. this store went from 6-12 receiving hours to 8-12, and the unload is usually still running for that first hour. vendors that show up first thing are being turned away, because there’s no path out of that area during that unload. looks like there’s often no room to even use that dock.

It's a headache. Get 3 trucks a week. Vendors who own their route or able to changed the order they make stops are delivering on non truck days or 12 to 1. ETLs are still asking why soda vendors deliver as early as 8. I keep reminding them their stops are scheduled by dispatch. I don't want everything arriving on nontruck days because thats my chance to do Mirs and load the sweep.
I also like to load the sweep as soon as I can. In the past I would pretty much get everything loaded but now I'm loading the vast part of it the day it's picked up. Between vendors and what ever comes up. I usually finish it just before lunch.

We have 5 trucks a week, I am at an A volume SuperTarget and my only non truck day is Tuesday which is my merch sweep day. My ETL log said smaller vendors should be fine but I do have to talk to my soda guys about coming after 8. I get Pepsi and Coke Wednesday and Friday and 7up Monday and Thursday. Plus beer Mondays and Wednesdays. I dont have any big vendors my one non truck day. My recycling sweep is Thursdays.
I am sure it's going to be crazy but we have a solid logistics team and good leaders.. right now anyway, if any one can survive we can... hopefully.

My store did the metered unload process for a while, and the main thing that changed for receiving was having to wait to load the sweep and find space to store it (not allowed to put anything outside). I worked on MIRs and defectives in between checking in vendors, then immediately started loading the sweep as soon as the trailer was empty. Soda merchandisers had to get used to not being able to get their pallets down, and some of them just worked the checklane coolers then came back later.

It was a huge pain in the ass during BTS because the dock area would be completely full every morning and I would have to find places to move stuff (often onto the salesfloor) just so one dock was accessible. I usually had to put soda deliveries onto the trailer until the merchandisers came in.

We’re an A volume non super target and get 7-9 trucks a week.... we don’t get a non truck day lmao
DC trucks? If so you are probably AA or AAA volume..that's a lot. We do get FDC every day but it comes in the evening.

My store did the metered unload process for a while, and the main thing that changed for receiving was having to wait to load the sweep and find space to store it (not allowed to put anything outside). I worked on MIRs and defectives in between checking in vendors, then immediately started loading the sweep as soon as the trailer was empty. Soda merchandisers had to get used to not being able to get their pallets down, and some of them just worked the checklane coolers then came back later.

It was a huge pain in the ass during BTS because the dock area would be completely full every morning and I would have to find places to move stuff (often onto the salesfloor) just so one dock was accessible. I usually had to put soda deliveries onto the trailer until the merchandisers came in.
Wow this is my store exactly.

Im going to be new in the receivers position the week we start the metered process. We get about 7+ DC trucks a week.
Please pass on any tips that helped you keep your sanity during this insanity. :)
Be practical about the unload taking up space, but be territorial when needed. They need to creep up in your space because there’s nowhere else to go? As long as you can still get by, so be it. They try to drop pallets in front of the vendor door? Hell no, they better find somewhere else!

We get 7-9 DC trucks and I think 4 Food trucks... I don’t work in market so not 100 sure.
I'm dreading us creeping there. Two doubles a week to fit in 7 trucks seems to be our norm right now.

We have been doing e2e for a year and a half and it sucked being in the back doing the meter unload. Our hours didnt change so there was a lot of squeezing and moving around to get the vendors in. Luckily, that changed 5 months ago when they extended our line and now we do the unload with 8.
I completely agree with the advice about being territorial. If there was anything carried over from the last truck or reset that was taking space from the current unload I would put it in the appropriate area. The signing pallet wasn't shot up, now its going into the fixture room. Grocery left 2 tubs of transition, now its going into the ambien room. Just give them the courtesy of telling them what you WILL be doing.
If you still don't have enough space to clear the truck, but you need to start loading, I would adjust the pallets in the trailor. I'd adjust it where I had a pathway and start loading the back. Hopefully by the time you need to load the front there is enough room in the back.

It's a headache. Get 3 trucks a week. Vendors who own their route or able to changed the order they make stops are delivering on non truck days or 12 to 1. ETLs are still asking why soda vendors deliver as early as 8. I keep reminding them their stops are scheduled by dispatch. I don't want everything arriving on nontruck days because thats my chance to do Mirs and load the sweep.
I also like to load the sweep as soon as I can. In the past I would pretty much get everything loaded but now I'm loading the vast part of it the day it's picked up. Between vendors and what ever comes up. I usually finish it just before lunch.
Only 3 trucks?? We are up to 7. So tiring. 2 doubles a week with an expectation of doing Sunday trucks.....if they hire and people stay.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Only 3 trucks?? We are up to 7. So tiring. 2 doubles a week with an expectation of doing Sunday trucks.....if they hire and people stay.
I'm at ulv p fresh store. I once covered for a receiver at super target not sure of their volume. The amount if product that their vendors where bringing was making me so nervous. But all went ok.

We're at 6, sometimes 7. They keep pushing them to "catch up" which isn't working out at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back