Receiving Pilot is Not Going Forward!

Got word this week that they killed the Receiving Pilots that were rolled out to some stores. Guess they figured out that it wasn't working well at most stores. I'm curious to see how much stores will roll back to the old way because I know some stores made huge changes to their receiving areas and how they were scheduling receivers. I know of a few places that completely got rid of their receiving desks.

Thank Heaven! I can’t imagine my store running efficiently or even functioning at all without that unsung hero, the receiver. Want to see store leadership panicking in a sea of chaos? Come around on that rare occasion when the receiver calls out, it’s a sight to behold.
Or when we go out for vacation. I've been off for 2 days and come back to a complete disaster. I'm terrified of what is going to happen if I decide to take a full week at some point. There is no longer anyone in my store who can cover every part of receiving while I'm gone. Multiple people know small pieces, but things always get missed if I'm off.

Now bring back the backroom team. They can pull the priority pulls.
We actually schedule someone to do the priority pulls at night. It has worked out pretty good. Some days there is someone who will pull mid morning or early afternoon. I just want someone to take care of backstock. It gets quite messy!

Getting rid of the receiving role didn't make much sense to me. If anything, stores should be pressured to make better use of receivers. No reason they can't be expected to help fulfillment or keep the backroom looking clean in addition to their core roles. Many stores already do that, but a lot do not.

I was told about it a couple weeks ago. At my store I'm even getting an extra help three days a week (2 hrs) if I need it for IR's and ESIM. The person will also get hrs on the weekend to sort ESIM and load the sweep. In the last month a beer delivery driver loaded his load back on the truck because he got tired of waiting for a food team member to check him in. Coffee deliveries also refused to deliver. And multiple merchandisers failed to work their backstock because no one was around to drop their pallets.

That's crazy, I'm curious to know how that went.
I know the one receiver was pissed about it. I'm not sure if they just lost the metal desk or their computer desk as well. I'm glad that my store didn't go that far, and we haven't been following the pilot to the letter for months at this point because it was so broken.

I was told about it a couple weeks ago. At my store I'm even getting an extra help three days a week (2 hrs) if I need it for IR's and ESIM. The person will also get hrs on the weekend to sort ESIM and load the sweep. In the last month a beer delivery driver loaded his load back on the truck because he got tired of waiting for a food team member to check him in. Coffee deliveries also refused to deliver. And multiple merchandisers failed to work their backstock because no one was around to drop their pallets.
I have a person who helps with my IRs which is helpful (I could do them myself but this takes a bit of the load off) and typically the sweep is already loaded by the time I get in. I usually just need to add a few final things and do the paperwork.

It hasn't been that horrible at my store because we stopped really doing the pilot a few months ago. But my drivers have told me horror stories about how long they had to wait at other local stores and how stuff was getting messed up pretty badly. I'm glad the pilot is dead because 95% of my vendors/drivers are great and I felt bad about how much this pilot was screwing them over and wasting their time at other stops.

Back