Receiving question.

OK, my Receiver is on vacation this week and I'm her backup. (She chose a good week to take vacation too, with all of the MIRs and our store having a Sweep every day this week.) It's been a long time since I processed MIRs, and I've never done a DVD return since ownership of the movies changed, so I need a little help. (I know my Receiver showed me how to do this, but it was a long time ago and, I won't lie, I forgot what she told me.) It's the Disney DVDs that get returned to Buena Vista, I pulled the MIRs myself, so I know that I am sending back movies that actually go back.

So, I have the DVDs pulled from REVLOGPull and I am getting ready to ship them in REVLOG. I have the FedEX shipping open and ready on the Chargeback computer, I've entered all the shipping information, but I don't know what to put in the P.O. and Department fields in the FedEX shipping menu. Can't complete the shipping label without that information.

Am I correct in half-remembering that the MIR number is used in the P.O. field? Or is it a different number? And what goes in the Department field?

Any help you guys can give me, I would appreciate. I really should pay more attention to my Receiver next time she tells me something, even if I don't use the information more than once every few years.

For P.O. you can just put today’s date and your store number ie 10142020xxxx and for department field is the ir no
That’s the best practice? 😯

Is this method incorrect? My store has been doing it this way for years and a previous receiver from the midwest did the same thing before he transferred here.
PO = IR number
Department = First 3 of DPCI

For P.O. you can just put today’s date and your store number ie 10142020xxxx and for department field is the ir no

That’s the best practice? 😯

Is this method incorrect? My store has been doing it this way for years and a previous receiver from the midwest did the same thing before he transferred here.
PO = IR number
Department = First 3 of DPCI

Either of these methods are valid.

Back