Archived Receiving things from other Target stores?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunForACallBox

General Merchandise Expert (Stationery)
Has any store received things from other stores? I'm not talking like merchandise transfer or things like that. Sunday we had a whole box of ad that was for a store in Florida, and planograms for a store in California, and I'm in the south o_O

We got an ad correction bundle for a store in Ohio a few weeks ago. Corporate got 3 of the 4 numbers right.

We got an ad correction bundle for a store in Ohio a few weeks ago. Corporate got 3 of the 4 numbers right.
HQ only got 2 of the 4 correct on the ad bundle and the planograms. Very close, but not quite.

The other day, another store in the area recieved a pallet of bags that was supposed to go to us.

I actually received a iPhone 5 last year off the truck, and my store doesn't even have a Target Mobile. I was like uhhhh... they sent it to a nearby super store like 3 months later, ha.

we once got a bunch of dvd's with best buy price stickers on them, oh and trash bags for walmart, and gummy worms for 7-11

I remember seeing us getting store brand bread once that was meant for Giant. Not sure what ended up happening with that.

We received a box of corn on the cob once. We aren't a p fresh store. It was mighty tasty corn

We got an entire pallet of signing that was for a different store.
We wrapped it up and shipped it back but I called the Signing Ninja for that store to let her know that pallet was going to be very late.

Has any store received things from other stores? I'm not talking like merchandise transfer or things like that. Sunday we had a whole box of ad that was for a store in Florida, and planograms for a store in California, and I'm in the south o_O
I've had this happen before. I called the store and told them we got got their label strips by mistake and I fedex overnight to them. Since Fed ex express delivers pks to our Pharmacy I just ask the Pharmacy team to give to the driver.

We got a couple of the "(Your City) It's All Right" shirts that were for our city, but we also got a batch for our rival city (800 miles away, similar economic levels, football teams are fierce rivals... my city has fears of becoming that city... it's not well liked in the area)

... they'll sell well.

I was going through Fan Central recently looking for some hockey stuff that hit clearance. In my digging I found a bunch of Pittsburgh Pirates stuff, some USC stuff, some Angels stuff, and some NY Jets baby stuff that I had SIM ticketed during the holidays. Only the Jets stuff was ticketed. I actually pulled about half of the NOF stuff off and salvage labeled it. It's not going to sell while jammed behind a bunch of *insert local sports team here* shirts, and it's definitely not going to sell because "those teams suck" and our region is very devoted to the football and baseball teams that we have. *I am not native to the area and am a devoted Mets and Steelers fan.*

Here's the thing about Fan Central: it's about 90% softlines merchandise, but it is at the exact opposite end of the store in my store's prototype. I love it when the LOD calls softlines over to zone it. Our HL TL for that block is clueless about the aisle.

Canadian stuff. Usually in the same box as our US stuff. We just remonarch it and sell it.

Though I did score a hockey team hoodie, from my home state and up here in the PNW we don't have a pro hockey team. Pricing marked it stupid cheap for me.

We got an entire pallet of signing that was for a different store.
We wrapped it up and shipped it back but I called the Signing Ninja for that store to let her know that pallet was going to be very late.

I've gotten signing pallets for other stores before too. Great job, DC!
I've also gotten signing packets/stacks for other stores (3 of the 4 digits were right).
I've seen Great Value stuff and 7-11 stuff before. I forgot what the pricing team did with that stuff. Probably SIMed it and defected it out.

Back before we went pfresh, we sometimes got mis-ships of food items for a nearby SuperT.
They'd mark it cheap (talking pennies on the dollar) & throw it on an endcap for a TM feeding frenzy.
I got some boss deals on canned goods & sauces.

I found a box once that was meant for a different store. I was pushing truck in Domestics and picked up a box of curtain rods, then noticed it was located in D57... we only go up to 42 for domestics! We've also gotten Walmart cookies, Meijer's windshield wiper fluid, Heinen's milk, merch for other Pfresh stores that we don't carry at ours... the list goes on!

I found a box once that was meant for a different store. I was pushing truck in Domestics and picked up a box of curtain rods, then noticed it was located in D57... we only go up to 42 for domestics! We've also gotten Walmart cookies, Meijer's windshield wiper fluid, Heinen's milk, merch for other Pfresh stores that we don't carry at ours... the list goes on!
I've gotten quite a bit of Walmart merch. I was like uhh... no.

we had gotten a whole pallet of dairy once, that was for another store. We didn't unload it and the driver picked up the next day and took to the correct store.

Not a Spot story, but when I was at Sam's Club the freezer truck would occasionally mis-deliver Walmart's ice cream. Wally would just charge it off and we had free ice cream in the break room for weeks!! (If it was name brand we would have sold it, but it was WM-owned brand and and our house brands were different).

we had gotten a whole pallet of dairy once, that was for another store. We didn't unload it and the driver picked up the next day and took to the correct store.

This also reminds me... One time our store recieved a Pfresh truck with nothing on it. Literally nothing.

This also reminds me... One time our store recieved a Pfresh truck with nothing on it. Literally nothing.

How does that happen?? I've lost my ability to even.

In some batshit crazy unbelievable coincidence, my store got two different Michigan State shirts. Guess where my sister is going next year? :D

Oh and somehow we have a single Room Essentials pillowcase from Target Canada.

Both of these items are odd since my state is a Mason-Dixon line state so how in gods name we got these I don't get it.

How does that happen?? I've lost my ability to even.

Do you know why people hang out in odd-numbered groups?

Because they can't even.

Seriously though, I'm not really sure how it happened. Either they just never put our delivery on the truck, or some stores before us accidentally took ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back