Archived Receiving

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to this position and have a few questions. I only had a few days of training and didn't really get to go in depth with a lot of the processes. First we have a lot of product labeled for vendor pick up. Should I be keeping this stuff for a certain amount of time before calling it good? We currently have about a full flatbed full of vendor pickup.

Also not sure how to really process recalls. They keep getting dumped in receiving. Do these need to be defected? Or something else?

I'm also curious about NOF. They as well keep getting dumped back there. I haven't tried to work on these yet, don't know if I'm supposed to, but I'm thinking I just need to find a dpci and make a label for it? Or is there something else?

Honestly I have many more questions but these are the main ones for now.

Unless things have changed, not on file goes to price change team (if your store has one), at least at my store.
Check with your leaders for more training. They should be able to train you how to process vendor pick ups and recalls. In my store if the vendors didn’t pick up their stuff after a certain length of time, the ETL would not let them write any more orders until they did. There are probably still training materials on the desktop for Receiving processes. Your leaders should be able to find them for you. If they didn’t send you to train in a nearby store, they might consider doing that. That’s standard procedure at my store. Good luck.

Unless things have changed, not on file goes to price change team (if your store has one), at least at my store.
Check with your leaders for more training. They should be able to train you how to process vendor pick ups and recalls. In my store if the vendors didn’t pick up their stuff after a certain length of time, the ETL would not let them write any more orders until they did. There are probably still training materials on the desktop for Receiving processes. Your leaders should be able to find them for you. If they didn’t send you to train in a nearby store, they might consider doing that. That’s standard procedure at my store. Good luck.

Yeah they did send me out for training but just for a few days. But thanks for the info. Some of this stuff though I think has been sitting back there for a few months. Not sure if that's normal. If not, I was kinda hoping I could just get rid of most of it and just start fresh.

From our guide thread:

1) There should be some green (salvage) and yellow (CRC) sticky sheets with a big barcode on them somewhere, hopefully in a desk or filing cabinet in receiving. You use these to create, add items to and ship out the salvage and CRC pallets using the Outbound Tracking app on the PDA. If you're out, these need to be ordered through SAP or get some from another store.

2) The only books you tear the cover off are 02 books: the cheap romance paperbacks and similar ones. You ship the covers back in a Readerlink envelope and throw the book in an Iron Mountain bin. The MIR paperwork should tell you if the covers get torn off or not but when in doubt, leave the book intact.

3) Yes, you have to tie the MIR to the pallet in Outbound Tracking. I don't remember the exact steps but it's pretty simple. If you don't have the CRC sheets, don't put it on the pallet. As an aside, AP can track CRC items to a limited extent so putting someting a pallet and shipping it out but not tying it to the pallet can create headaches.

4a) Know where you view MIRs and do sweeps? The common reverse logistics page or whatever it's called; there's a link to vendor credits and you can view processed/unfinished credits here. In my experience, when it crashes at the last screen the credit did go through.

4b) I would try and pull my MIRs after dock hours at the end of my shift. Or if I thought I'd have a spare moment during dock hours and I knew where it was, I'd run out to the floor or backroom and grab what I could piece by piece. Some stores have backroom or salesfloor pull MIRs for the receiver I guess? If you're running out of time, start covering your ass by partnering with bosses to try and get help.

5) Donations are supposed to be processed like ESIM and CRC/Salvage in that they're tracked to a bin/pallet and that's scanned out when a pickup happens. I almost never managed to find the time to do this properly and nothing really happened aside from the PMT mentioning our donation metrics were low despite the amount of stuff we were sending out. Nobody else said anything.

6). CRC stickers aren't that important compared to the sheets. You don't need them on MIRs so I hardnly used them. Guest Services should have some if you need any, unless they're out too.

7) If you can't find the items and you've worked with leaders to try and find it (to cover your ass), close out the MIR. You could pretend youfind the things by typing in the DPCI but I didn't do that if I could help it. If you do find them later you can usually reopen and redo the hold MIR, or wait for the final disposition MIR.

8) You can usually reopen MIRs though I think there's a time limit. Also, if you end up doing this long term, you learn all the weird places people hide recall product and forget to mention it to you.

If you can, call another store and ask their receiver some questions or get your bosses to get somebody over. Receiving is a department that can cascade into disaster without the right training and support. Good luck.
Thanks
Circle9

https://www.thebreakroom.org/threads/receiving-reverse-logistics.114/page-4

I'm new to this position and have a few questions. I only had a few days of training and didn't really get to go in depth with a lot of the processes. First we have a lot of product labeled for vendor pick up. Should I be keeping this stuff for a certain amount of time before calling it good? We currently have about a full flatbed full of vendor pickup.

Also not sure how to really process recalls. They keep getting dumped in receiving. Do these need to be defected? Or something else?

I'm also curious about NOF. They as well keep getting dumped back there. I haven't tried to work on these yet, don't know if I'm supposed to, but I'm thinking I just need to find a dpci and make a label for it? Or is there something else?

Honestly I have many more questions but these are the main ones for now.
I’m not sure what vendor items you have , but if it’s frito lay or other ones start doing vendor credits when you have the vendors for those items in the store . You can do that thru pda , rfapps, 3 reverse logistics, 4 credits and from there is very self explanatory. Recalls has to be done within 24h , have your zebra with the my alerts on and select recalls . That way you get one you can go and pull it and stage it in reverse logistics . You should have an area for that . To find final disposition on old recalls, log into the workbench , once you are on the main page , on the left you should have a recall link , click that and then go to recall data sheet and an excel page will open , if you don’t know the mir no for the recall not to worry . You should see a whole list of dpcis , where it shows says dpci click on that and type in the first department ( first 3 no of the dpci) and that should pull up the recall. Dispose of it as per final disposition. All recalls are processed thru pda. For more information you can log into workbench , then go to logistics , then mir , then your store no and should come up all your qa mirs ( recalls ) and regular mir. Non qa mirs need to be activated on Tuesday , pulled and ship by Friday. All cellphones be it recycle or mirs need to be processed thru crc but under no circumstances put on the pallet . Cellphones are crc because of the battery but need to be shipped via fedex.
Not on fle need to go to price change or guest service for rewrap.

Iron Mountain is is a Data Management Company.
Basically secure shredding.
We use them for tax records, anything that has HIPPA security, etc.
If you have an Iron Mountain bin it needs to be locked and have a procedure for disposing the contents.

Cool. "Senative..." I was hoping to learn a new word there.

Iron Mountain is is a Data Management Company.
Basically secure shredding.
We use them for tax records, anything that has HIPPA security, etc.
If you have an Iron Mountain bin it needs to be locked and have a procedure for disposing the contents.
Ohh the shredder lol

Call another local store and ask questions...every time you have a question. As the reciever you sort of have that ability to be independent. Your job is very important! Please use that free will. Call and ask questions every time. If they are annoyed than report it to your STL. He/she has a loud voice in the district and it wont be a problem soon after.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back