Archived Red and Khaki

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get the rebel attitude. We work at Target. Our preferred colors are red and khaki. If you don't want to fit in, work at WalMart. They wear blue. Or McDonalds. Or find a store whose colors you like. Pick your battles. It seems kinda silly to fight the trend over the color of one's pants.

i am not being rebellious at all, as a flow team member my pants get dirty easily and i have to wash them every other day , remember that Target do not pay for the uniform or its maintenance . so why not wear black pants which is totally fine according to the handbook that was given to all members , its their own rules not mine .

Let them own khaki pants.
What?
You said let them wear pants they own. I'm suggesting that they could own khaki pants. I wore khaki pants before I worked at Target. I know, that's probably a rarity but khaki pants are widely available at all sorts of stores for all sorts of prices. Check Goodwill. I know lots of our TMs shop there for pants and red shirts.

I don't get the rebel attitude. We work at Target. Our preferred colors are red and khaki. If you don't want to fit in, work at WalMart. They wear blue. Or McDonalds. Or find a store whose colors you like. Pick your battles. It seems kinda silly to fight the trend over the color of one's pants.

i am not being rebellious at all, as a flow team member my pants get dirty easily and i have to wash them every other day , remember that Target do not pay for the uniform or its maintenance . so why not wear black pants which is totally fine according to the handbook that was given to all members , its their own rules not mine .
As a front end TL, I get dirty, too. And I wash my pants after every wearing. Yes, I can afford more than one pair but I still don't see that as an excuse to wear a different color pant.

Do you mean that if you wore black, you'd wear them more than twice before washing? They may not look dirty, but they're still dirty. Ick.

I totes think you should be allowed to wear black pants but I would say stick to the khaki in your 90 days if everyone else is wearing khaki.

Let them own khaki pants.
What?
You said let them wear pants they own. I'm suggesting that they could own khaki pants. I wore khaki pants before I worked at Target. I know, that's probably a rarity but khaki pants are widely available at all sorts of stores for all sorts of prices. Check Goodwill. I know lots of our TMs shop there for pants and red shirts.

What girl wears khaki pants just for the hell of it? Not many.

I said it was a rarity. What I meant was it's probably a rarity in your social circle, but I was trying not to sound harsh.

DUDE, who doesn't wear their work uniform more than once?

(unless you spill mustard or grape juice on it)

We had a TM come in wearing black pants yesterday. I'm not sure exactly what was said, but less than two hours later she had on khaki as normal.

very interesting , i would call the hotline if i was threaten for not wearing khaki

Our ETL-HR's exact words were, "this isn't California." That was worded specifically for the stores in California. In this state (and store) khaki is expected, and I doubt the hotline would do any good. The only time this rule is bent is for new TMs who haven't gotten their first paycheck yet. This TM (not flow, btw) has shown up in khaki pants every day for the past 6 months. Showing up in black yoga pants wasn't going to get her far on the hardship issue.

We had a TM come in wearing black pants yesterday. I'm not sure exactly what was said, but less than two hours later she had on khaki as normal.

very interesting , i would call the hotline if i was threaten for not wearing khaki

Our ETL-HR's exact words were, "this isn't California." That was worded specifically for the stores in California. In this state (and store) khaki is expected, and I doubt the hotline would do any good. The only time this rule is bent is for new TMs who haven't gotten their first paycheck yet. This TM (not flow, btw) has shown up in khaki pants every day for the past 6 months. Showing up in black yoga pants wasn't going to get her far on the hardship issue.

i am in California so i assume that would be fine .

i am in California so i assume that would be fine .
I'm California and flow black pants plus random shirt with red target vest is pretty fine at my store, atleast for flow team that maybe works 3 hour when store is open. 4a.m. blows with we were back at 12 a.m. shifts. Helping out customers can really slow things down for flow.

My store has been starting trucks at 2am and Flow comes to work like it's a slumber party.

I still dress to impress though. :cool:

Last edited:
I bought a bottle of febreze lol. I don't even smell, but it makes it seem like I do laundry all the time. I try to save laundry for weeks where I have two days off in a row, but it never happens. I have 3 pairs of khakis (12-15 at walmart... they have cuter ones for a higher price, naturally). I bought slightly nicer, more expensive pants in the beginning, but then I ripped 4 pairs of pants in a matter of days so I'm over it. I'll get a washcloth and hand wash any mustard out... then febreze em. I thought I was gonna do laundry a few days ago so all my pants were in the laundry. I didn't go so the day before yesterday, I just pulled some khakis out. The wrinkles fell by the time I got to work.

The only time I was mad about the khaki thing, I got soaked on the way to work because of course the torrential downpour doesn't start until I get off the bus. It was the day before my birthday staycation, too. I had to buy khakis, socks and sneakers at work and I had to spend my whole savings (I'm poor but also everything else was for the staycation). Months prior, same thing happened to this kid and they requisitioned him pants because he wasn't going to buy any... but he looked ridiculous with his pants sticking to his legs. I was wetter than him. There were no khakis in women, there were no khakis in cheap and the cartwheel coupon for the men's pants were gone... AND the stl wouldn't let me clock in before I shopped and changed my pants/socks!

I wear bright yellow sneakers but that's not rebelling in any way nor are funky socks. If your funky wild socks and sneakers say "go to walmart" in big letters, that's rebelling lol, but you're not gonna tell me loud socks makes me a rebel.

I have been very tempted to wear my black pants but.... I think it is an unofficial rule and just agreed on to wear khaki!

I would think that there are far more pressing issues than the color of pants we wear.

Yoga pants at the front lanes would have been awesome....

I had two pairs I rotated. They told me to wear the ones with permanent marker on them over the black ones I had with me.

I wish I had realized this sometime in the last 10 years as a backroom tm. I have gone through so many khaki pants it's not even funny. Especially since I primarily do bulk during a truck unload.

I would start wearing black pants just to stir the pot, but with my SFT interviews coming up soon, I fail to see the point. I should be on my best behavior, and besides - I'll be trading in my red and khaki for grey and black, ha ha.

Last edited:
I should add that for the better part of a year another 4AM bulk backroom TM and I protested the humid conditions in our backroom by wearing khaki shorts. We originally changed into pants at 8, then changed later and later each day for a few weeks, until one day we just stopped changing altogether. o_O

Leadership never said anything, and this went on from March until November. It never even came up in our reviews, ha ha. (But we don't write enough Vibe cards... typical.)

Then the ONE time I came in at 4AM wearing identical shorts (but grey in color) because I came straight from a long night at my other job and barely got there in time to punch in, let alone change my shorts. The first thing my TL said when he saw me was, "Um, you're going to change before 8, right...?" This took place while most of flow strolled up to the timeclock in their pajamas...:rolleyes:

Ha ha. Guess I've got a pretty laid back store when it comes to dress code. Or very unobservant leadership.

Geez, this is Target; not the Freedom March.
Ya wanna rebelle? Wear some wild socks or funky sneakers.
True. But I really do think that at least the girls should be able to wear darker pants. More than a few times a girl had to go home because she got her period that you could see thru the khaki pants.

True. But I really do think that at least the girls should be able to wear darker pants. More than a few times a girl had to go home because she got her period that you could see thru the khaki pants.
Really? Just cause you can't see it, you don't have to change pants? That's just gross. I'm questioning basic hygiene here.

Yeah but then whats fair for one would have to be fair for all...if women could wear darker pants then men should be allowed etc,

Really? Just cause you can't see it, you don't have to change pants? That's just gross. I'm questioning basic hygiene here.

They should change of course but when you are on your period there are always accidents and it is embarassing for a girl to have a red blood stain showing on light pants that anyone could see before she changes. And it's not gross it's a natural feminine occurence has nothing to do with hygiene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back