Archived Red and Khaki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez, this is Target; not the Freedom March.
Ya wanna rebelle? Wear some wild socks or funky sneakers.
True. But I really do think that at least the girls should be able to wear darker pants. More than a few times a girl had to go home because she got her period that you could see thru the khaki pants.
Yeah but then whats fair for one would have to be fair for all...if women could wear darker pants then men should be allowed etc,

This is true. It is illegal to have a different dress code for men and women.

Menstrual cycles are not gross. Wanting to wear black pants so the blood stain doesn't show is gross.

Should we be allowed to wear green shirts when we have a cold so the [natural] snot doesn't show on your sleeve when you wipe your nose?

Geez, this is Target; not the Freedom March.
Ya wanna rebelle? Wear some wild socks or funky sneakers.
True. But I really do think that at least the girls should be able to wear darker pants. More than a few times a girl had to go home because she got her period that you could see thru the khaki pants.
Yeah but then whats fair for one would have to be fair for all...if women could wear darker pants then men should be allowed etc,

This is true. It is illegal to have a different dress code for men and women.

Menstrual cycles are not gross. Wanting to wear black pants so the blood stain doesn't show is gross.

Should we be allowed to wear green shirts when we have a cold so the [natural] snot doesn't show on your sleeve when you wipe your nose?

It's not really illegal to have a sex based dress code since offices such as banks dress code want men to wear plain dress shirts and pants while women have to wear a smart suit or a skirt and blouse. Same with companies like hooters want women to wear a uniform and their guys to be more covered up.

You can control snot and a cold. However, you never had a period if you are a man and do not know that accidents have happened to every woman while she was on her period and them happening at work is more embarassing since you are around people who are very anal with what you wear, behave, etc. so wearing darker pants to avoid said embarassment to the girl would be good.

Natural nasal secretions aren't green. That's an infection.

All I'm saying is that it's a reach to say that black pants should be the dress code because of menstrual "accidents." And it's no easier to control a cold than it is to control your period. If you haven't figured out approximately when your period is gonna start, you need to a) get a calendar or b) see your gynecologist.

All I'm saying is that it's a reach to say that black pants should be the dress code because of menstrual "accidents." And it's no easier to control a cold than it is to control your period. If you haven't figured out approximately when your period is gonna start, you need to a) get a calendar or b) see your gynecologist.

Since you pushed it this far, I'm going to explain it in more detail. Sorry, guys.

Okay, women have a couple of options...pads or tampons. Neither are 100% fail proof. If it's a heavy day (and you don't always know how heavy it's going to be until it happens) leaks can and do happen.

Tampons can be leaked around. Pads only cover so much area, and it doesn't take much for the liquid to spill over the front or back. And when this happens, you don't feel it. So you go on working for a few hours only to realize when you get to the bathroom later that you've had an accident and have been walking around for HOURS with the whole world able to see it.

It's not like we're ignoring it and being gross...we just don't know it's there. I can go into more explicit detail, but I'm hoping you more understand now where the women are coming from.

I am a woman. Do you only wear black pants when you aren't at work? I find it hard to believe that your coworkers would allow hours to transpire before mentioning your "accident."

Since you pushed it this far, I'm going to explain it in more detail. Sorry, guys.

Okay, women have a couple of options...pads or tampons. Neither are 100% fail proof. If it's a heavy day (and you don't always know how heavy it's going to be until it happens) leaks can and do happen.

Tampons can be leaked around. Pads only cover so much area, and it doesn't take much for the liquid to spill over the front or back. And when this happens, you don't feel it. So you go on working for a few hours only to realize when you get to the bathroom later that you've had an accident and have been walking around for HOURS with the whole world able to see it.

It's not like we're ignoring it and being gross...we just don't know it's there. I can go into more explicit detail, but I'm hoping you more understand now where the women are coming from.

/me walks into a minefield like an idiot.

As a teacher my wife did both and wore black because there is nothing worse than having a classroom full of kids laughing at you because of THAT.
Getting into the personal side of it, all her life she had irregular periods where she didn't know from one day to the next how heavy it would be.

Hey, as the father of two daughters and being married twice I can buy tampons and pads, know what colors and brands, and have conversations about this stuff without too much problem.
So my general attitude is let them wear black when they want to.

Last edited:
I am a woman. Do you only wear black pants when you aren't at work? I find it hard to believe that your coworkers would allow hours to transpire before mentioning your "accident."

Sorry. I assumed you were a man from your username. Honestly, I wear jeans when I'm not at work. So it doesn't show much, anyway.

If you're really a girl you'd know that leaks happen all the time at any time. Either when sitting, standing, or moving around whether you are wearing a tampon or a maxi. It's happened to every woman in the world. I do wear dark or black pants when I'm not at work and on my period and the fact about coworkers, the STL, the ETL's and the district people who visit the store noticing before the girl Team Member knows she's showing is the exact reason why girls would need darker pants.

DUDE, who doesn't wear their work uniform more than once?

(unless you spill mustard or grape juice on it)

Most people?

I sure don't.

I own 7 pairs of khakis, why would I need to wear the same pair repeatedly? I can already go more than a week without washing them even wearing each pair once.

I can assure you I don't see any of my TL's or ETL's wearing the same clothes over and over again either.

Dress for the job you want, not the one you have.

If I pop 4 Advil every 4 hours I don't have to worry about my flooding-can't-leave-the-house-period-where-khaki-is-not-my-first-choice-of-pants. I'm killing off other body parts, but at least I'm not as worried about something my leads don't care about.

I had two pairs a khakis and rotated them, and would wear them twice. You would have been hard pressed to know though.

Dress for the job you want, not the one you have.

Don't you work backroom? It feels like I can't go a day without wrecking my clothes. Dust, grease from the equipment, random goop in Pfresh, dropped a jar of spaghetti sauce, etc etc. Even the ETL-LOG is in a t-shirt and jean-style khakis, unless there's a visit. But I guess I don't actually want a position higher than TM with Spot, so I'm more than happy to just wear what's comfortable and won't cause tears if I get it filthy.

Don't you work backroom?

No, I work up front, mostly GSA shifts with the odd cashiering or cash office shift tossed in here and there.

Oh, and the occasional Superman shift. My store usually sends me home early on those days though. Like 5 minutes into my shift.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back