Archived Red and Khaki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedislife

Flow TM
So, I know red and khaki is the customary uniform for a Target employee. However, Khaki pants is not mandated in the Target Employee Handbook. Just no heathen jeans!

A fairly recent hire wants to wear his black pants on days that he has to switch jobs directly after work. He mentioned that he will do his own "CYA" by wearing a mic. The same guy also has a micro video camera with lapel clip that I have seen him wear on occasion. Does he have ground to protest since khaki pants is not explicitly mandated? He is a global Flow TM also, past 90 days this November.

It seems a bit extreme, but the guy only works at Target part time and does security work primarily and is a armed Sheriff Posse member in our county.

Ha what else you want? This guy came in and almost started running the show at times. Dude looks like an off-duty cop if you were a guest. Wears BDU pants, a web belt, and polo. Also, drives a unmarked Crown Vic w/ antennae sticking out the back.

My hubby used to drive my white Concorde...in his security uniform. People would slow down and pull over. Lol.

I was thinking about this also as I was pulling on my thin khakis this morning and heading out into 25 degree weather. "Wish I could just wear jeans!"
And I hate the khaki color. I think BR and Flow TMs should be able to wear black. Maybe we should start a No Khaki January or something... lol

When I was a Flow TL I would wear red pants about twice a week. I had the TM handbook in my back pocket in case I was ever questioned about it but nope, was never challenged

When I was a Flow TL I would wear red pants about twice a week. I had the TM handbook in my back pocket in case I was ever questioned about it but nope, was never challenged

thats what i am planning to to but with black pants , after my 90th day .

If you go to the work clothing stores there are some pretty good heavy duty khaki work pants.
They cost more but they are as tough or tougher then jeans.

I'm a salesfloor TM and only wear black slacks on the floor. I hated looking down, when i did wear tan colored pants and see stains on them from the various things you bump into while on the floor.

We ask that you wear a red top(any shade of red is fine, but not orange, pink or purple) and solid color pants or skirts(preferably khaki). Right out of the handbook. I don't see skirts all that often. Maybe once or twice in ten years.

We ask that you wear a red top(any shade of red is fine, but not orange, pink or purple) and solid color pants or skirts(preferably khaki). Right out of the handbook. I don't see skirts all that often. Maybe once or twice in ten years.

PREACH IT. Only one person in my store wears a skirt.

I have several black skirts, can never find decent looking khaki skirts. Or khaki pants for that matter.

Couple girls in SL wear skirts; look good & brand.
Couple cashiers wear skirts; one for religious reasons, another for a physical disability. Both in good taste.

Just wear khaki until your 90 is over. Wearing khaki makes you a team player and not a rebel.

We had a TM come in wearing black pants yesterday. I'm not sure exactly what was said, but less than two hours later she had on khaki as normal.

We had a TM come in wearing black pants yesterday. I'm not sure exactly what was said, but less than two hours later she had on khaki as normal.

very interesting , i would call the hotline if i was threaten for not wearing khaki

I don't get the rebel attitude. We work at Target. Our preferred colors are red and khaki. If you don't want to fit in, work at WalMart. They wear blue. Or McDonalds. Or find a store whose colors you like. Pick your battles. It seems kinda silly to fight the trend over the color of one's pants.

People are poor. Let them wear the pants they own. When Target pays minimum wage to new employees and doesn't provide a uniform stipend they should be flexible. Oh man, things unions can do for for low wage workers - even if its as little as a uniform stipend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back