Archived Red cards and Guest Surveys

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the last month or so there has been a real push for cashiers and guest services team members to get red cards and guest surveys. Each cashier is required to get maybe two red cards and three to five surveys by the end of the shift. We also have a daily go that we must meet, maybe about twenty surveys and fifteen red cards.

I find pushing people to get a red card or to make them take a long guest survey when they clearly want to leave the store a pain. I understand the need for red cards but I don't feel right asking a guest to take a really long survey just so that the STL can get a bonus check every month.

I guess my question is, are other stores doing this or is it just us? And is it ok for the amount of guest surveys we can get to be a part of our performance review?

A redcard is only measurable when compared to the amount of prompts it was gotten under! A single redcard by noon might seem terrible (and prompt a response out of an STL) but it depends on the situation it was gotten under! If your penetration level was high before noon and you only have 15 prompts for the day, then that one redcard is 3.34 conversion! If you had no penetration by then and 100 prompts, then that is only a .5 conversion so far! The environment a redcard is gotten under is what determines your teams performance more than anything... This is why I use YTD numbers when coaching, because it is a large sample of prompts versus number of redcards!

The red card goals are understandable, but the guest survey thing is confusing.

1. How can they confirm that a guest you specifically rung up actually completes a survey?
2. Are these not completed by the guest at home anymore?
3. What happens if a guest completes the survey the next day? Does it no longer count?

Yeah I don't get what you are saying about the survey thing. I mean they ARE important and all, I actually highlight every survey when I ring a guest out because for electronics good surveys = better scores.

not sure how you'd track surveys... once in a while i point the survey out to the guest though in hopes that they'll do it ;) lol

also you shouldn't be relying on prompts for redcards.... ask every guest at the start of every transaction if they will be saving 5%, if they are interested, you can scan the application and have them do the questions on the card reader while you continue to ring + bag.

A redcard is only measurable when compared to the amount of prompts it was gotten under! A single redcard by noon might seem terrible (and prompt a response out of an STL) but it depends on the situation it was gotten under! If your penetration level was high before noon and you only have 15 prompts for the day, then that one redcard is 3.34 conversion! If you had no penetration by then and 100 prompts, then that is only a .5 conversion so far! The environment a redcard is gotten under is what determines your teams performance more than anything... This is why I use YTD numbers when coaching, because it is a large sample of prompts versus number of redcards!
At my store cashiers are asked to get a red card every hour, and you have to ask even if it wasn't prompted for every single guest. If you don't get a red card by the end of the hour, you get talked to by the GSTL.

It really sucks when you asked everyone they can save 5% and you even mention the check card and no one wants to apply for one and you get in trouble.

Last edited:
The red card goals are understandable, but the guest survey thing is confusing.

1. How can they confirm that a guest you specifically rung up actually completes a survey?
2. Are these not completed by the guest at home anymore?
3. What happens if a guest completes the survey the next day? Does it no longer count?

At our store the cashiers are told to do everything they can to talk the customers into going over to kiosk and doing the survey so it gets done right away.

I wonder if the constant badgering to take surveys is causing more "The cashier badgered me too much to take a survey" comments on the survey.

One of the comments that shows up a lot on our guest surveys is that they want faster cashiers, and stopping to badger every person about the redcards and surveys doesn't help speed in the least. We love to point the speed comments out to our GSTL's.....

One of the comments that shows up a lot on our guest surveys is that they want faster cashiers, and stopping to badger every person about the redcards and surveys doesn't help speed in the least. We love to point the speed comments out to our GSTL's.....

Heh, when I cashiered I still asked almost every guest and still had one of the highest transaction amounts with 95%+ accuracy (Super T) lol...

My store is pushing Red Cards and Guest Surveys, but we don't get penalized for not getting them. Though our new GSTL kind of obsesses over the Red Cards...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back