Archived Red Money Checker Things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of counterfeit bills, our store has been hit by the same person the last three days passing off fake $20s. Yay for no counterfeit detection measures!
Is your AP aware of it?
If so, they may be building a case.

The markers are useless at my store anyway. Most of the counterfeit bills we were getting were washed dollar bills reprinted into 100s. So the paper is genuine, meaning the detector pens will mark it as genuine.

So far my only complaint concerning the new bill acceptors is that it makes a transaction that much longer... especially when the guest is paying large totals in 20s.

Is your AP aware of it?
If so, they may be building a case.
We only have one TPS guy and our ETL-AP is on Vacay. I left TPS guy a note on the photocopy. He is in late and I am in early, so I rarely catch him in person.

They need to invent machines that allow large quantities of bills to be inserted at once, say up to 20 or so. That way when a guest is paying with all these twenties I don't have to deal with eye glare and foot tapping as I insert their fifteen twenties into the machine one by one.

Cash isn't what I hate, it's change. Asdfghjkl; grrr.
we have them now, too. It's impossible to use when the bill is crinkled so now I check the old fashioned way

we have them now, too. It's impossible to use when the bill is crinkled so now I check the old fashioned way

Careful. Our AP caught a cashier skipping the counterfeit machine in favor of the "old-fashioned" way and they coached them for it. At least at my store, you MUST use the checkers. Your GSA can approve an apology coupon if it takes exceedingly long for any particular guest.

Yeah, you can't do that. You should be coached. The problem is, one cashier not doing it for everyone could open the store up to a lawsuit when someone decides that a certain community is being profiled. Flatten it out on the end of the counter the best you can.

I have one cashier I realized is not using the machine, or if she is, just runs it through once and then takes it if it fails to read. Either she and I will talk tonight if she works, or I will leave a note for the GSTL to follow up. You can't skip that step, no matter how annoying it is.

I asked the STL and she understood. Said just as long as I checked more often than I didn't, I'd be ok. My ETL-GE said about the same thing. I help them out on many things besides GS and cashiering so they trust me. It's the crinkled ones that are almost impossible, so I try to check both ways. That was my point, I guess I should've been more clear.

Last edited:
It's happened with other cashiers, but only twice. My store didn't look into it, bc most of our guests are batshit anyways lol

A couple of our money checkers have Started smoking.. The dumb cashiers put their flashing lights on and say what do I do? I run over and unplug it immediately.

Has this happened to anyone else?

A couple of our money checkers have Started smoking.. The dumb cashiers put their flashing lights on and say what do I do? I run over and unplug it immediately.

Has this happened to anyone else?

My store had two do that. Quickly binned them for CSC.

In case anyone is wondering the relevant best practice for stores with these is

All 20's/50's/100's get run through. Try each bill 3 times, if it doesn't pass any you are supposed to "apologize that you are unable to accept this bill as a form of payment" and ask if they have another way to pay. My store says run it thrice and if that doesn't work, check the strip and accept it.

I would say about half of our transactions where they should be used, they aren't. The cashiers just don't care that much and don't feel like dealing with them. If I catch them, I make them use it, but I'm not searching it out, either. I will let my GSTL and ap figure out how they want to handle that battle.

Funny that leadership doesn't give a crap about guests lying about prices & gives it to them (thus losing money but hey, it's not our $$) but are hard-assed about using counterfeit detectors because.....?

Ikr. Give me a break, the management is giving the store away. They think they are Gods in that sense. I can't stand half of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back