Archived Red Money Checker Things

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanna see one of these things...we are told not to check for security features, hold bills up to the light, etc. AP said we could deny bills if they all have the same serial number though.

I got to test one out yesterday... reads new 100s just fine... 20s too. We didn't hav any fake bills in the CO that day so we couldn't run one through the machine. If you put a good bill in upside down, the machine flashes red.

They were supposed to go to the registers yesterday, but with the POS rollout, the PMT was told to wait until Friday.

I have additional respect for front end,
Lots of questions to ask next shift.

When we first got the counterfeit machines we got lots of bills that did not pass and lots of guests who would walk out when they saw them - As someone who is seasoned with the machines, don't let guests know that you only do 20's and above - let them know that we check all bills. Otherwise you will start getting fake 10's and 5's

I hated the machines when we first got them, I thought it would take a long time to pass the bills through. Once you get a system for yourself, it goes very fast.

many of the new 100's wont work in the machines..We try them in 3 machines then use a pen...if all that fails we let the guest know that we are unable to accept the bill.

When we first got the counterfeit machines we got lots of bills that did not pass and lots of guests who would walk out when they saw them - As someone who is seasoned with the machines, don't let guests know that you only do 20's and above - let them know that we check all bills. Otherwise you will start getting fake 10's and 5's

I hated the machines when we first got them, I thought it would take a long time to pass the bills through. Once you get a system for yourself, it goes very fast.

This. Get a system for yourself and it goes much much faster. I also check every bill a guest uses if they say "so you only check 20+?"

Yep we've already started getting the guests who walk up to the lanes with their carts full of HBA/Elec./other high-value items, then immediately park them and walk out as soon as they see the checkers in action. And it's been less than a week since we got them. It's scary.

I wish we had those ( I have seen them at other Targets) we have those lame pens which I find annoying because half the time when I go for back-up they are dried out because some unkind person forgot to put the cap on.

We aren't allowed to use any sort of counterfeit detection devices. They don't even want us holding the bills up to the light to see the ghost image or the thread, I guess for fear of pissing off the guests.

I used to have a blacklight keychain I bought for my own use. It lights up the threads on the newer bills - pretty colors! And you can even use it on your credit card to see the hidden logo.

I lost it years ago, oddly one of our old cart attendants had one that looked exactly like mine. Hmm....

Of course there pluged in and turned on but i was talking to my STL and District Supervisor and i was leting them know that we have three in electronics and you sit them on top of the demagnetizer Witch makes them act funny sometimes it will pass sometimes it wont on the same bill

It's not a stupid question. I stuck my head over at Starbucks today to see how it was going with them and the frat thug she did was reach down and plug it in. *sigh*

But even not on the demagnitizer, you may still have to run it multiple times. They are super finicky.

But if they are acting that way, then I am confused about how "none of them" are working.

I assumed she meant first thing? Autocorrect or swypo mistakes maybe.

This sounds like such a hassle. I hope cash dies soon. I hate when people pay with cash. Especially large bills for small amounts. Ugh. I hate the pens too, though. Idk anything about telling a real bill from a fake. And I don't even understand the pens. A fresh one has a different color than an older and/or dried out one even if you use the same bill. There's too much guesswork in it.

Biggest complaint is if you get a bill that is super crinkled and/or partially torn, it will fail many times before finally passing, which can lead to more issues than one...on our second day with them, a cashier denied a completely legitimate $100 bill and called AP over because the machine was denying it. Needless to say we had to give a lot of apology coupons to that guest for embarrassing her like that.

Biggest complaint is if you get a bill that is super crinkled and/or partially torn, it will fail many times before finally passing, which can lead to more issues than one...on our second day with them, a cashier denied a completely legitimate $100 bill and called AP over because the machine was denying it. Needless to say we had to give a lot of apology coupons to that guest for embarrassing her like that.
When the readers deny a bill, it will make a lot of noise and not just the standard beep.

Really? Ours just go to red when they fail. Are you saying it will go to red AND make lots of noise? Different from the standard fail?
Yep, legit fakes will make it make some real noise. The single beep with a red light is just a fail to read as opposed to a fail at being real. Had someone try to up the value of a bill but it still had the old security strip and it also set it off.

Speaking of counterfeit bills, our store has been hit by the same person the last three days passing off fake $20s. Yay for no counterfeit detection measures!

Are the red Accubanker money checkers being rolled out nationwide? My store has them at each register except express and we have to run every 100, 50, and 20 through it, I've seen guests see them in operation and just walk out leaving their cart of stuff.

We still have absolutely nothing for counterfeit checking. No machines, no markers, nada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back