Archived Red phones and walkies

Status
Not open for further replies.

pellinore

Life sucks and nothing good can come of it.
When a call is answered on a red phone and the guest needs to talk to someone else, how do you transfer a call to another line?
For example, I pick-up a call at GS on line 2280 and then the person needs to speak to an LOD....what do I do to put the call on hold or transfer it to another line so that the call can be answered at another location? (like TSC?)

Also, is it possible to pick-up a call using a walkie?

Can a Red phone be used to make an overhead announcement?

Well, my store has the different line system, I'm not sure if it would differ for you but to transfer a call using a red phone you briefly hang up, when you hear a beep you'd press *35* to put it back on hold on 35 (my store has a 2 digit ext. system as I said, so I'm not sure if you'd just insert 2280 instead of 35).

There isn't a way to answer a call on a walkie as those just go on frequencies.

Red phones differ from store to store. Most stores allow just GS and TSC phones to go overhead, however I think some have it so any phone can.

When a call is answered on a red phone and the guest needs to talk to someone else, how do you transfer a call to another line?
For example, I pick-up a call at GS on line 2280 and then the person needs to speak to an LOD....what do I do to put the call on hold or transfer it to another line so that the call can be answered at another location? (like TSC?)

You used to be able to talk on the walkie system via the phone, but it has since been disabled.
You cannot pickup a call via the walkie.
To transfer it to the LOD, you hit *flash* 2180 *flash* and listen for two quick tones. Hang up.

22 = pickup call, 80 = holding queue
21 = park call, 80 = holding queue.

You can park on queues 80-89, for sure. Not sure if you can park on anything else.

2280 = pickup call 2280
2180 = park call 2280
etc, etc, etc.

It depends on your phone system. Ours is old. Inside panel of a spill station will tell to use the phone as a walkie. Our extentions are like 34, 35, or 36.
Overhead if the phones are on night service, hit 5 & 2, then speak.
To answer calls when phones are on night service, hit 8 & then speak.

My store also uses the '2280' system to park and pick up calls however we also have a few different things.

You can overhead page at any phone in my store by using '52#' and you can pick up an overnight call or any call from any phone by dialing '5529'. Also you can pick up and park calls using 2280 and 2180 but most salesfloor TM don't know anything about the redphones even minutes after training them so its only the veterans (ie people who actually need to use them) that know how.

At my store, the phones do not link with the walkies in any way at all, and we have the 2-digit system. Say the operator tells you "Guest Service, you have a call on 33." You pick up the phone, dial 33, and answer. If the guest needs to talk to the LOD, you park the call by hitting the receiver button, when you hear the funny beep dial 33, and hang up. Then you just call the LOD on the walkie to let them know that the call is on 33 and they'll answer it wherever they are.

In some stores, the red phones can be used overhead. Our overnight leaders do it from different areas of the store when getting ready for the truck unload. However, during open hours, only Guest Service and the operator should do overhead announcements.

Hey everyone.....THANKS!

Now, I just need to figure out how to try out the "hold" stuff without a guest on the phone, w/ my luck, I'll hang up on the guest and get them ticked off........guess I'll need to find a TM to be a guinea pig to try things out.

Also, on reprogramming the call boxes.....if I reprogram one and then get caught, what kind of trouble might I be in??

If you press the button for too long, you'll hear a dial tone because you hung up on the guest. When you're parking a call, press the button quickly. If you hear nothing, the guest is still there, but if you hear that funny beep (not the dial tone), then you can dial the line and hang up.

I've accidentally hung up on a few guests, but they didn't get angry. As far as the call buttons, it's better to be on the safe side and not touch them.

Also, on reprogramming the call boxes.....if I reprogram one and then get caught, what kind of trouble might I be in??

Depends on what you programmed it as & who hears it, like a visiting DTL.

sense of humor......I think so.

there are only a couple of Red boxes in my store....two of which are up in the front end area....one is at Food Ave and would be great to program, but its location is the tough part. Although, the box at the furniture area might be a good place to try......hmmmm.......the funny part of this would be that no one would ever suspect me of being the one to change it! Especially since I don't have access to a walkie on a regular basis as I'm a cashier........I just got to think this one over and get the courage to do it!

Just thinking about this makes me laugh!

Do you have the phone callboxes in your store? Those ones have to be programmed by someone outside of the store and, therefore, are no fun. My store has the phone callboxes, but we got a few new buttons recently. Two of them are in Furniture and no one ever knows where they are or which one is which.

We have these little Red boxes that have a black button on and a guest presses the button and hears "a team member will be with you....."
Then the TM who comes to the box has to press another button to clear the first pressed button.

Are these the right ones?

Sounds like you have the actual buttons. Those are easier to figure out than the phones. I never really understood how the phone callboxes work. The buttons can be reprogrammed if you know how to do it, but the phones have to be done by whoever-outside-the-store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back