Archived redcard question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello just making sure the redcard debit version always takes a couple days to post right?

the bank i go with is wells fargo usually it takes a day or two to post in my experience but i'm not sure

It used to take about 2-3 business day up until last week, now they post the next day. I bank with US Bank

the debit REDcard processes transactions as ACH rather than true debit, which means they will take roughly the same amount of time to process through your account as a check would. this is because to do an ACH request all we need is your account and routing number, which is pulled off the check submitted during a REDcard app, whereas with debit you have to have actual access to the account - not something Target wants or something you'd want Target to have. it'd be more accurate to call it a check card rather than a debit card.

My regional bank usually takes 1-2 business days to post.

the debit REDcard processes transactions as ACH rather than true debit, which means they will take roughly the same amount of time to process through your account as a check would. this is because to do an ACH request all we need is your account and routing number, which is pulled off the check submitted during a REDcard app, whereas with debit you have to have actual access to the account - not something Target wants or something you'd want Target to have. it'd be more accurate to call it a check card rather than a debit card.

It used to be called the Target Check Card. I don't know why they changed it; the old name was more accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back