Archived "REDperks" App

Status
Not open for further replies.
myDevice will make it so that you have to, I'm afraid..

If we can keep a My Device on the network, they like to drop their connection. And I really can't speak to it, I can't use it so not really going to bother learning. And no way in hell will I log into it on my account on a work device.

We were having trouble with keeping the myDevices on network. Turns out that we had several access points in the store down. CSC can reload (?) the software for the access points and it will help.

They should add this to cartwheel. Between cartwheel, the target app and the text coupons, this is too much damn app switching for one transaction if someone wants to use all of these things. Then add in the complication of the scanners being finnicky about barcodes on screens. I'm not a fan.

If you have an iPhone or iPod Touch, you can add the barcodes to Passbook. Then you don't have to wait for Cartwheel to load or switch apps; everything is right there - just swipe from barcode to barcode.

I use android for phone stuff. I've used my iPad and phone together once so I only needed to open one app on each device lol. It's kind of annoying. I'll suggest passbook to iOS guests, though. I didn't realize all those things worked with it, but now I know to mention it when I'm on register and see them app switching.

If you have an iPhone or iPod Touch, you can add the barcodes to Passbook. Then you don't have to wait for Cartwheel to load or switch apps; everything is right there - just swipe from barcode to barcode.
On android google wallet allows you to store barcodes like that, as well as entering gift cards from tons of different stores. Unlike cartwheel, google wallet maxes out the brightness when it displays a barcode. I don't think many people know about that feature though. I know there is also some couponing app that allows you to do the same thing.

I usually do all of my shopping at Target so I have really love REDperks. They are also constantly giving me bonus points. So it's been easy to get to 5000. This month it's double points for every dollar for example. It is a pain that you have to switch between Cartwheel and REDperks at the register. When some headquarters team members visited my store about REDperks they said they had a number of enhancements in mind for the app. Their number one priority is getting an Android app. My STL said that they are working on an app that converges all the apps abilities, Target Wallet. That way it would be one barcode at checkout.

I usually do all of my shopping at Target so I have really love REDperks. They are also constantly giving me bonus points. So it's been easy to get to 5000. This month it's double points for every dollar for example. It is a pain that you have to switch between Cartwheel and REDperks at the register. When some headquarters team members visited my store about REDperks they said they had a number of enhancements in mind for the app. Their number one priority is getting an Android app. My STL said that they are working on an app that converges all the apps abilities, Target Wallet. That way it would be one barcode at checkout.
Target Wallet, that would be a good idea for all the barcodes I use there.

If Target Wallet can also store your TM discount that would be awesome.
There is a iOS app called Keychain that can store barcodes like your TM, but Target didn't want us doing that. It was a huddle topic like 2 1/2 years ago. It was super easy to just have them scan that instead of digging for my card.

They could integrate TM discount within the Red Card. That would be ideal, Kohls did it with their card.

They should not dabble in this or cartwheel or any app at all if they can't get the wifi to work properly. I'm real tired of guests trying to log on at the register and can't open cartwheel.. Then they expect me to try to find out what offers are on cartwheel. I want to laugh in their face and I know I haven't been very nice to them when they aren't cartwheel knowledgeable.I'm tired of it. We have had it over 18 months now.. Learn the app or don't use it. you have no problem using that phone to talk to your friends when I'm trying to move you out of the store.

But what really bothers me is when the cashiers aren't cartwheel savvy. I don't have the time to explain to the guests how to use cartwheel. Dear cashiers, if you are clueless about cellphones and cartwheel, then don't even mention the word cartwheel to a guest.

So, about this new app, I don't really want to learn another app that is going to confuse the many already confused guests.

Oo, I think that was a rambling rant......

If Target Wallet can also store your TM discount that would be awesome.
CurrentC does this. It stores cartwheel, TM discount, and the redcard. I imagine they could add redperks as well. It doesn't help that their email list got hacked lol...

Target Wallet, that would be a good idea for all the barcodes I use there.
Maybe they recognize that CurrentC has miserably failed. 3 000 votes on Google Play giving it an average of one star. I haven't checked the apple app store.

CurrentC does this. It stores cartwheel, TM discount, and the redcard. I imagine they could add redperks as well. It doesn't help that their email list got hacked lol...

Maybe they recognize that CurrentC has miserably failed. 3 000 votes on Google Play giving it an average of one star. I haven't checked the apple app store.
91 votes on Apple App Store for 1 star. image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back