Archived "REDperks" App

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunForACallBox

General Merchandise Expert (Stationery)
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Anyone have this app?. It's in beta at the moment and not available in my area yet, but seems like a pretty neat new app. Can anyone elaborate if they have it? Reminds me of the shopkick app.

Unless it can be stacked with all the other offers (TM disc, Rx rewards, Cartwheel), it seems a lot like the old redcard where you had to rack up 1000 pts to get a 10% off coupon for a day's shopping.
This is only good for ONE trip & only 5%.
Meh. Color me underwhelmed.

They are testing it in the eastern Part of Nc. I have a friend who works in one of the stores that's testing it. I think he said right now its only for Iphones but will roll out for androids sometime later this month. From my understanding its only open to the team members in those stores for now and will be open to the guests later this month. Then if it tests well it will roll out company wide at some point

I have a iPhone and wanted to see what it was about, but like I said, not available on my area. I'll just have to keep a check on it.

He said that its actually pretty cool...hopefully it does well in that part of the country and they roll it out everywhere

image.jpg Well, duh, I guess I could have looked at more screenshots, haha. Specifically says NC. Raleigh-Durham area to be specific.

Spending $500 to get a 5% off coupon doesn't feel very exciting. What other rewards will there be?

Spending $500 to get a 5% off coupon doesn't feel very exciting. What other rewards will there be?
From my understanding you get bonus points just for signing up and when you make your first purchase..then if you spend a certain amount in one trip you get bonus points for that as well.

They need to add in something like shopkick where you go around and scan things for points. It drives guests around the store and drives sales if they pick up things along the way.

That's the only way I see where you get points is buy making purchases.

Seems kind of neat. It would be nice if you could link this app and cartwheel. Have it all tied to one barcode.
I think there is a way or they are working on way to have it linked to cart wheel. I think if you log into the redperks through target.com it will link up with your cart wheel....or something like that . When I talk to my friend again I will try to find out for sure. I do know that as tms we can use our discount , cartwheel and the extra 5 percent from red perks ( if you get to that point lol)

content.php

if they are going to drive this type of concept in store, they should include it into cartwheel as part of a unified in store experience... at minimum it should be part of the target app itself. building out a separate app just for this is silly, confusing and not user friendly.

... also, if this is the answer to margins and the RC discount, what a disaster in the making.

When this launches, if they bring back that "get appy" shit, I will walk out the door.

Advantage of not having an iPhone I don't have to promote this crap. ETLs look like I pissed in their Wheaties when they learn I refuse to carry an iPhone and why....

They should add this to cartwheel. Between cartwheel, the target app and the text coupons, this is too much damn app switching for one transaction if someone wants to use all of these things. Then add in the complication of the scanners being finnicky about barcodes on screens. I'm not a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back