Archived Rejecting a TL position

Status
Not open for further replies.

NKG

Nkg
Has anyone ever turned down a TL position before?

Not that you didn't want to be a TL just not the open TL position.

Ever get offered another TL position aftet that?

Not personally but if you are honest about the position you truly want, it should all work out.

I had a bench tl turn down a gstl position. The softlines tl switched to gstl and she slid into softlines. Sometimes other TLs are looking for a new challenge.

The one risk you run is you may not get a TL position at the same store. We had someone insist on electronics position and they had to settle for one at a store 20 miles away.

Don't forget a tl position doesn't mean you have to be there the rest of your Target career

Not personally but if you are honest about the position you truly want, it should all work out.

I had a bench tl turn down a gstl position. The softlines tl switched to gstl and she slid into softlines. Sometimes other TLs are looking for a new challenge.

The one risk you run is you may not get a TL position at the same store. We had someone insist on electronics position and they had to settle for one at a store 20 miles away.

Don't forget a tl position doesn't mean you have to be there the rest of your Target career
Would four years of TL experience be enough to substitute the 4 years of college requirement for ETL positions?

Has anyone ever turned down a TL position before?

Not that you didn't want to be a TL just not the open TL position.

Ever get offered another TL position aftet that?

For a few years, one of the TLs at my store has always wanted the Flow TL position; which wasn't available when she was on the bench. She was offered Cafe TL (FATL) 2 years ago; and she turned it down. A few months after that, she was offered Consumables TL.... which she accepted, and has been there ever since. However..... the Flow TL position finally became available; and was offered to someone else.

We had a TL on the bench who didn't want the next available TL position that opened up. They were told they would no longer be on the bench if they didn't take what was being offered.

I have met over three ETLs who were promoted without having a four-year degree. They all had 5+ years of SrTL or TL experience though.

Last edited:
I wasn’t on the bench but was offered FATL. I know it could be a stepping stone but I really wasn’t interested in the position. If it was other areas, I might bite. Not consumables though. Anything but food related. It’s the same reason I never applied to food stores like McDonalds, Starbucks etc...

I wasn’t on the bench but was offered FATL. I know it could be a stepping stone but I really wasn’t interested in the position. If it was other areas, I might bite. Not consumables though. Anything but food related. It’s the same reason I never applied to food stores like McDonalds, Starbucks etc...
So what are you now?

So.... thats food related....,I know that PA is on of the most under appreciated position... atleast as an FATL you are making more money ...

Yeah, that's why I said not consummables. I can handle working in pfresh or dry, just not with preparing/cooking food.

I am not really into working consummables just for the money, especially with working with the Idiotic Pfresh TL. I am there to support my TL. If I am really aiming for money, I would choose a different job. I'd rather like where I work even with less money than working for more money but not liking the work.

Last edited:
So the new GSTL is coming back from training in the new schedule. I interviwed for TL position and haven't heard anything. Now the 2 week schedule Im under 30 hours and working whatever. I dont recommend a temporary TL position to anyone.

So the new GSTL is coming back from training in the new schedule. I interviwed for TL position and haven't heard anything. Now the 2 week schedule Im under 30 hours and working whatever. I dont recommend a temporary TL position to anyone.
Maybe they'll forget to change your pay rate back...

Anyone ever interview for a TL after being on the bench. Im wondering how long it took to find out you got the position?

@HRZone any thoughts since no one replied to this?

I think it depends on several factors.

Are you a backfill for someone being managed out? Was the position posted external and internally? We're you the person they wanted all along for the position? Do they have to give a courtesy interview to a team member who applied but wasn't qualified?

I have heard of people getting the job the very next day. And waiting several weeks. Usually even if you pass your interviews and they don't have you interview with the DTL they sometimes need DTL approval.

I think it depends on several factors.

Are you a backfill for someone being managed out? Was the position posted external and internally? We're you the person they wanted all along for the position? Do they have to give a courtesy interview to a team member who applied but wasn't qualified?

I have heard of people getting the job the very next day. And waiting several weeks. Usually even if you pass your interviews and they don't have you interview with the DTL they sometimes need DTL approval.

I dont understand why it takes so long ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back