Archived Relocate flex hold locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsa4lyfe

Always here
Anyone know if they took away the function to move hold items to another location from the PDA? I can’t find it and I’m not sure if I just forgot or if it’s gone. Hard to tell with everything switching to the my devices

So how am I supposed to move a bunch of items to new hold locations..... :/

You cannot move them and have it affected in the system. You would have to leave notes or tell all your GSTMs
We could move them back in November and Mygo hasn’t changed much since so I don’t get why the drastic change

The reason is it's usually used maybe once per year when things get crowded. It's just easier to leave a note than integrate that functionality. Let them finish the big projects first.

Yeah they disabled that function but I sure wish they would bring it back. Especially for the busy seasons. Also because some TMs just don't think things through. I keep walking in and find things like a pack of crayons in the bulk hold location. sigh...

Anyone know if they took away the function to move hold items to another location from the PDA? I can’t find it and I’m not sure if I just forgot or if it’s gone. Hard to tell with everything switching to the my devices
From the Flex thread:

Right now there are no plans to bring back the relocate items in hold functionality. If it becomes a huge pain though for many stores, we'll look at bringing it back but based on the usage reports we ran before we turned it off, most stores rarely or never use it.

...some TMs just don't think things through. I keep walking in and find things like a pack of crayons in the bulk hold location. sigh...

In some cases it's because they do think it through. Their is a focus on OPU, drive up, and SFS right now. In some cases I've found it's an ETL that's trying to keep that metric green. Some of them will also only use a single hold location so they can scan it into the location from across the store. That only works till the hold location is so stuffed that items are falling into the neighboring location and guest service has to dig to find things.

In some cases it's because they do think it through. Their is a focus on OPU, drive up, and SFS right now. In some cases I've found it's an ETL that's trying to keep that metric green. Some of them will also only use a single hold location so they can scan it into the location from across the store. That only works till the hold location is so stuffed that items are falling into the neighboring location and guest service has to dig to find things.

So you're scanning if from across the store to do what? Make the approaching goal time for completing OPU order? And then you still have to walk over to the hold location to bag and label everything? I guarantee no one at my store has thought to do that. But also it seems there would be a much higher chance of someone putting the orders in the wrong bag or being lost from the cart (e.g. a guest walking by and taking it off the cart). Not to mention now you have to go back with Order Inquiry to find the order number/details in order to figure out which guest has which orders. It's not really saving you any time.

Also some of my TMs really don't think. The hold location for smaller items is about 2 steps across from the bulk locations.

@LearningTree Oh sweet summer child the ETL isn't trying to save time, they are trying to show a green metric. We've had more than a couple ETLs that don't label the bags, it just makes it a PITA for the front end. There's only so much I can do without the STL to back me up.

Last edited:
@LearningTree Oh sweet summer child the ETL isn't trying to save time, they are trying to show a green metric. We've had more than a couple ETLs that don't label the bags, it just makes it a PITA for the front end. There's only so much I can do without the STL to back me up.

Yeah...no they wouldn't dare try that at my store. They know I'd put my foot so far up their ass...

Not my problem if flex metrics are suffering. That means there's an issue with staffing or the push process. I only care about the metrics for the front end (mostly NPS). On the rare occasion where my STL has to pick, he knows to put everything in a proper hold location with a label. I've been to stores where the STL cuts corners just to get green metrics and I didn't hesitate in pointing them out to my DTL. No way in hell am I being told to take tips from a store that will pick 1 item and throw a similar (but different) item in the bag just so INF isn't too high. Bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back