Archived Removal of Hand Sanatizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOTHING compared to a dollar bill. Short of plunging your hand into a used toilet bowl, nothing is filthier than cash. Cellphones are coming in next...

Whatever. Still not absorbing that bacteria through your skin and getting sick from it.

Bacteria is everywhere by the way. Absolutely everywhere. The keyboard you are typing on? Bacteria infested. The chair you are sitting in? Bacteria infested. You name it, it's bacteria infested. Not going to make you sick.

FOS, you're touching money, hand baskets and filthy carts, plus handing stickers to Karen's snot nosed offspring.

I wonder what’s in that ubiquitous Chinese soot that begrimes the freight and eventually tms. Prolly don’t want to know. 😒

This is away for some cashiers to quit.
Anything and anyway to get your employees to quit is good for target.

Meat packages aren't leaking all over at Target and if one is please go wash your hands not a squirt of hand sanitizer. Unless of course your Target has a raw meat processing butcher
Thank you! For real. No one is "handling raw meat" unless they actually work in deli 🙄

Some unattended children DRANK it at my store a few years ago. They had to go to the ER. Darwinism.

Since then, no hand sanitizer at the lanes. I kept my own bottle in my pocket (from BBW which was much nicer anyway).

Some unattended children DRANK it at my store a few years ago. They had to go to the ER. Darwinism.

Since then, no hand sanitizer at the lanes. I kept my own bottle in my pocket (from BBW which was much nicer anyway).
Ok see I never understood that bc if you’ve ever like rubbed your mouth after just using it you know it tastes TERRIBLE. Like idk why these kids don’t stop when they taste it

Ok see I never understood that bc if you’ve ever like rubbed your mouth after just using it you know it tastes TERRIBLE. Like idk why these kids don’t stop when they taste it
We had those massive industrial sized bottles. I don't know how much they ingested before they stopped and realized it tasted nasty.

I found it was a mid manager who decided she did not like the clutter of it, but others leaders are saying it is OK as long as we keep the sanitizer out of view. But still, they have always supplied it to us in the past and now it seems we will have to bring out own. The comments about other areas such is backroom stocking being exposed--yes, you too should have access to had sanitizer. Everyone should who deals with dirty or potentially infectious materials and constant contact with other people (including your co-workers) should have access to washing hands or sanitizer.The irony? There is still a large bottle of it sitting next to the HR desk! Waiting to hear back from OSHA about this. In their guidelines, they do state that after handling any packed raw meat, water and soap to wash hands must be made available.

Hand sanitizers may not be as effective when hands are visibly dirty or greasy.

Why?
Many studies show that hand sanitizers work well in clinical settings like hospitals, where hands come into contact with germs but generally are not heavily soiled or greasy 20. Some data also show that hand sanitizers may work well against certain types of germs on slightly soiled hands 21,22. However, hands may become very greasy or soiled in community settings, such as after people handle food, play sports, work in the garden, or go camping or fishing. When hands are heavily soiled or greasy, hand sanitizers may not work well 6,17,20. Handwashing with soap and water is recommended in such circumstances.

Show Me the Science - Situations where hand sanitizer can be effective & How to Use it in community settings | Handwashing | CDC - https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/show-me-the-science-hand-sanitizer.html

btw, it's not about germs magically soaking through your skin, it's about how it's virtually impossible to go the rest of your shift before break without touching something on your person that you're NOT going to wash, and transferring bacteria and viruses that way.
I think you'd be surprised how many times you rub a nose or an eye and don't even realize it, too.

Also don’t underestimate the fact that (for me anyways) regardless of the effectiveness of hand sanitizer, it just makes me feel better to put it on my hands after something gross

The rules aren’t sanitize your hands, the rules are wash your hands. Most of you don’t care, but only specific authorized chemicals are allowed on the floor for legal reasons.

If your store is being extra about keeping sanitizer out of the front end then either your store or one in the area was caught during an inspection with it.

If you really like dead germs on your hands then carry a travel sized bottle on yourself 🤷🏻‍♂️

The rules aren’t sanitize your hands, the rules are wash your hands. Most of you don’t care, but only specific authorized chemicals are allowed on the floor for legal reasons.

If your store is being extra about keeping sanitizer out of the front end then either your store or one in the area was caught during an inspection with it.

If you really like dead germs on your hands then carry a travel sized bottle on yourself 🤷🏻‍♂️

pizza hut team members are required to use an application of hand sanitzer after washing their hands, so obviously a Target approved hand sanitzer exists somewhere

pizza hut team members are required to use an application of hand sanitzer after washing their hands, so obviously a Target approved hand sanitzer exists somewhere
Cashiering isn’t food services.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back