Reply if you’ve cried at work

For sure! Once you accept that... retail ain't SHIT!!!

xZjsxHn.gif
lol

At least weekly. About 50 percent of the time it's strictly because of work, the other 50 is because of life in general/being an easy crier/people politely asking how I am and without thinking I unload all my problems on them. I'm a mess 👍

Horrible week when I was given 40hr during a breakup. Not work related, but the fact that I had to find a mourning period around that time. Fortunately, I was in the back building bikes. I wept as I put bikes together.
aw i’m sorry. that sounds hard.

a few guests in the beginning did. i’m tougher now lol, but it was a frustration cry rather than my feelings are hurt cry.

also, one time my store director yelled at me in front of the checklanes repeatedly for doing nothing wrong in front of all these people. i apologized and she still kept going to the point of tears, so that was fun!

I had panic attacks because of my old store, largely contributed to by the manipulation and emotional abuse of my previous leader who mysteriously left the company recently.

Last edited:
Horrible week when I was given 40hr during a breakup. Not work related, but the fact that I had to find a mourning period around that time. Fortunately, I was in the back building bikes. I wept as I put bikes together.
Never let the job make me cry. I did cry at work when I was in mourning though.
Oh yeah, I cried a few times at my old job over personal things.

I never gave a shit about any of the BS, just did my work for 8 years then left the nut house. I'm older and much more experienced than anyone in my old store on the Planet Neptune. It was a retirement gig, nothing more nothing less.

Oh many times im kind of known for being the crier lol. 30% of the time it’s because of stuff going on in my personal life, but like 70% of the time it’s because “guests” are just so fucking mean. I’ve said this before but I seriously feel like I’m not a cashier anymore I’m just a punching bag to be bullied and degraded by our customers. When I’m feeling really sensitive about it (I have no self esteem any more because of this lol) I will cry in bed while falling asleep the night before a shift and then I’ll cry the whole time getting ready for it because I just don’t want to go so bad.

Honestly I have cried a few times, and it has always been because I was so pissed off at team members for not doing their work and expecting everyone to take care of there cart fulls in the backroom that they have abandoned for days.

It's been at least 6 months since my last cry.

I’ve never cried, but sometimes I’ll snap at someone if I’m really frustrated, then I’ll apologize to them.

I’ve come close to crying when people I really respected were leaving.

Last edited:
Honestly I have cried a few times, and it has always been because I was so pissed off at team members for not doing their work and expecting everyone to take care of there cart fulls in the backroom that they have abandoned for days.

It's been at least 6 months since my last cry.
I don’t cry I just send them home and don’t allow them to use sick hours or even let them clock out simply open the door and say see ya .

Naw, I've been in retail too long. In the beginning when I was a teen (not working for spot at the time but a department store) a customer made me cry once or twice but now that shit just rolls off my shoulders. Cant take it with you or let it bother you, fuck em lol.

Once. There was a mass shooting at the college in my city and two of my TMs (who were safely at work) were students there. (This was during the GSA time.) After I got them offstage and calmed down, I went into the HR office and cried.

The last time I cried at work before that was in my degree field job, which is one reason I no longer work in my degree field.

Back