Archived Requesting days off (new employee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still within my first 90 days but I have two or three days coming up that I would like to request to not be put on the schedule. Am I able to do this seeing that I am still new? If so, how would I go about doing it? When I was hired I indicated that I was available every day, and although I only work three days a week, I have worked every single day of the week.

Also, for anybody working in inbound/flow: will our shifts always be in the morning? Earliest I've started is 6am and latest I have finished is 11:30am.

Yup, you can still do it. Talk to your ETL and HR, and then submit it on eHR. (There should be computers available, ask your HR how to do it.) We have to check with our ETL (since I'm hardlines, I talk to the hardlines ETL) and then submit through eHR saying it was approved. Sometimes I don't see my ETL for awhile, so I check with our ETL-HR and HR team members to check with her. Seems a bit backwards, but it's better than trying to take a few days to chase her down. Make sure you're within the time period to ask off (usually posted on the board with the schedule or ask your HR).

Yup, you can still do it. Talk to your ETL and HR, and then submit it on eHR. (There should be computers available, ask your HR how to do it.) We have to check with our ETL (since I'm hardlines, I talk to the hardlines ETL) and then submit through eHR saying it was approved. Sometimes I don't see my ETL for awhile, so I check with our ETL-HR and HR team members to check with her. Seems a bit backwards, but it's better than trying to take a few days to chase her down. Make sure you're within the time period to ask off (usually posted on the board with the schedule or ask your HR).

Thank you! My area doesn't currently have an ETL since the old one transferred stores earlier this month and the new one doesn't start for another few weeks. I'll run it by my TL next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back