Archived ReShop Womens Ready Wear Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any help in trying to figure out where to reshop garments esp and the diff of Mossimo Red and Black...and why is Merona clothes located all over the floor? Our store configuration is for womens clothes is an L with the bottom is the mainly ehirlation but I have noticed some merona hats and lots of Mossimo items also.. the vertical part of the "L" is Mossimo then Merona...
I normally work at night at softlines so I'm normally part of zoning so I go with the flow,, but if I'm come in early,, I'm have to reshop.. and I worry about being SOOO slow and running around with a chicken with its head cut off trying to find the home for each item.. Also I know Target has a lot of cameras and I was wondering if the LOD or anyone else is watching our work.. Also I have to say that the Walmart women section clothes always looks neater.. I think Target just has too much.. Thanks for any feedback

I think this is an ASANTS kinda question. It depends on how your particular store organizes RTW. Ours is an L-shape as well. All hanging stuff organized together by brand.
Advice: ask a tm to walk around the floor with you pointing out the general location of each brand. This is one of the first things we do with all our new trainees. We organize reshop by brand. If you're comfortable with merona, mossimo red, w/e take that first. Everyone, even my TL, walks around in circles looking for stuff sometimes. You will eventually learn where things go. It comes with time. And, most importantly: ASK QUESTIONS. I'd rather you ask me stuff again and again and again rather than dump a load of reshop on the wrong rack (I've seen that too many times).

I think cashiers are being watched by camera but are softlines TM watched as well??.. I am soo nervous trying to find locations of garments during reshop... when I ask other team members they get annoyed so it is a vicious mean circle..

There are cameras in softlines, but my AP has told us he has enough other things going on that he isn't concerned about watching us specifically. He does see what's going on by us, but he's not worried about watching us do reshop. As long as you aren't stealing, you shouldn't be worried about AP watching.

They might be annoyed by questions (they shouldn't be, but some people suck) but they'll be more annoyed if you bring back a bunch of stuff you couldn't find or you dump it in a random spot. If you have a question, ask. They'll get over it.

With softlines, you will learn where things go with time. If you aren't finding something, check the walls--lots of times when I can't find something, it's on a wall. Also, check the tag to see if it's clearance. If you really can't find something, put it back on the reshop rack. Don't just put it anywhere. Asking for help is just fine.

Although RTW is mostly arranged by brand, it is not completely arranged that way. Outerwear is all together regardless of brand, and there will be a sweater section as well. You will also find merchandise from other parts of the store in RTW. This is called cross merchandising. It's a way to suggestive sell items, so hats and mittens (you may hear this called "head and hand") will be with coats, or tights with dresses.

But mostly, you will learn with time.

One thing I do when reshopping softlines if I get an item I just can't find, first check for clearance and internet return if not those, then skip for later. Hang on to it, but move on. You might stumble up on it as you work other things. Usually I do find it.

Ask questions and just observe, you will learn patterns of how stuff is grouped together even though it will move around a lot. I know in my store usually basic t-shirts are in two places in Merona or just outside of the fitting room. Mossimo Black jeans over there and everything else way over that way(points in opposite direction).

Soft lines reshop is one of those things you only get better by doing it. It was that way when I worked at another clothing store and its true here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back