Resigning during training due to personal reasons

I’m about halfway through my training period but unfortunately had an abrupt change in life (not related to Target itself) and won’t be able to remain working at Target. I feel really bad about it but that choice isn’t really up to me at this point.
I plan to go into Workday tomorrow and resign, and I’ll call out of my shift as well. Should I tell HR over the phone that I’m resigning? I’m assuming I’ll be marked as unrehirable no matter what, that’s unfortunate but fine. I also don’t know what to do about the two weeks notice, since they won’t want to finish my training at this point obviously. Advice would be appreciated.

I’m sorry that it didn’t work out for you at this time. Please partner with HR and let them know what’s going on. You might have had only training shifts, but it’s still hours of payroll the store could use elsewhere.

I hope whatever you’re going through is over soon, and that you can come out the other side still intact.

Please team with your team lead and HR. Let them know of the situation. They may allow you to work your remaining scheduled shifts.

Back