Archived Responding on walkie - what is your store's philosophy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really "Responding" on walkie, but "walkie-related" and didn't feel like starting a new thread so I thought I'd just bump this one...

Question on "walkie-etiquette" since I was told the other day I "wasn't using the walkie correctly":
I was informed that I should use a specific name at all times-NO EXCEPTIONS!!! For example, if we need someone to come take off a spider wrap, I should call for "LOD Bob".

I have 2 issues with it:
1) 90% of the time, we have no clue who the LOD is
2) a majority of the time, we don't need someone specific, we just need someone with a PDA to come look something up for a guest or we need to borrow a PDA to check in our order. I asked about this and was told that calling out for "green side" was unacceptable, we should know who is working green side and call someone specific. SERIOUSLY?!?!?!

Is this REALLY Spot's policy or was the ETL pulling this out of his behind and trying to throw his weight around? This was the same one who "talked to me" before about "working off the clock" and since then, I made him look stupid in front of a guest by telling him he was wrong about where an item was located (he brought a guest from the baby dept. to HBA for nasal aspirators when they're located in the baby dept., then he told her Pedialyte was by Gatorade when it's also in the baby dept...I corrected him on that as well...) I get the feeling he doesn't care for me very much:huh:

Not really "Responding" on walkie, but "walkie-related" and didn't feel like starting a new thread so I thought I'd just bump this one...

Question on "walkie-etiquette" since I was told the other day I "wasn't using the walkie correctly":
I was informed that I should use a specific name at all times-NO EXCEPTIONS!!! For example, if we need someone to come take off a spider wrap, I should call for "LOD Bob".

I have 2 issues with it:
1) 90% of the time, we have no clue who the LOD is
2) a majority of the time, we don't need someone specific, we just need someone with a PDA to come look something up for a guest or we need to borrow a PDA to check in our order. I asked about this and was told that calling out for "green side" was unacceptable, we should know who is working green side and call someone specific. SERIOUSLY?!?!?!

Is this REALLY Spot's policy or was the ETL pulling this out of his behind and trying to throw his weight around? This was the same one who "talked to me" before about "working off the clock" and since then, I made him look stupid in front of a guest by telling him he was wrong about where an item was located (he brought a guest from the baby dept. to HBA for nasal aspirators when they're located in the baby dept., then he told her Pedialyte was by Gatorade when it's also in the baby dept...I corrected him on that as well...) I get the feeling he doesn't care for me very much:huh:

I would call that throwing his weight around and trying to make you his b.... Anyways, our policy isn't much of a policy at all. Some of the time we joke on the walkie and the ETL's always talk about what they want for lunch. Besides all the obvious things like being polite we are not name specific. LOD 239 or LOD to deli or GSTL to guest service ect... As you were saying it is pointless to be specific if you just need a PDA or key from someone. He was probably having a rough day.

When your store calls for backup do they call for specific team members?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back