Archived Retirement plan alert: Is this something to worry about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess Target's lawyers might want to worry about that, but it shouldn't have any effect on us at the store level for now.

It's just a law firm starting to put together a class action lawsuit against Target on behalf of people who have Target stock in their Target retirement plan.

Wait a minute. I think they are talking about the pension plan.
Shareholders info 2015
The Pension Benefits for Fiscal 2014 table reports benefits under our principal pension plan, the Target Corporation Pension Plan (Pension Plan), which is a tax qualified retirement plan that provides retirement benefits to our employees who are at least 21 years of age, have completed at least three years of service and were hired prior to January 2009. The Pension Plan is comprised of two different benefit formulas: Final Average Pay and Personal Pension Account. Team members who were active participants in the Pension Plan prior to 2003 had the choice to have benefits for their service after December 31, 2002 calculated using either the Final Average Pay formula or the Personal Pension Account formula. Participants prior to 2003 who elected to have benefits for their service after December 31, 2002 calculated under the Personal Pension Account formula have benefits under both benefit formulas (Combined Formula). Based on their elections, the NEOs have the following benefit formulas under this plan:

Last edited:
I have the pension plan and the 401k. 5% of my allocation goes to stock. I'm guessing that isn't affected? I consider that as "retirement plan", which is why I'm questioning this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back