Archived Return of Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had multiple stints with Target each lasting a few years. I don't remember how my hours were cut during the first two but in this third I'm going on three years. Last year I was getting around 32-36 hours a week and after Christmas it dropped to about 28-30. Not really noticable, or at at least not enough for me to care. This year however it seems more drastic. I'm now scheduled for one four hour shift per week. Two of my other co-workers who both consistently got 40 hours are down to 8-16 a week. I'm wondering when we should begin to see hours return. I know there is a drop each year but I've never experienced anything like this.

Has anyone attempted to collect unemployment during this time? Or under-employment, if there is such a thing?

Last edited:
I'm not sure how Target's payroll months work but this next week is pretty brutal. Probably because it's the end of month for February. The 1st week of March, though, my hours doubled. I think they should slowly start going up from here on out as the weather gets warmer and people start planning for spring projects, etc. But Easter is super late this year though so that might throw a wrench into things.

The schedule ending 3/9 is particularly brutal at my store. Lots of people complaining about getting only 4 hours for the week.

One of the positives about modernization is the need to have dedicated team members in each area. Direction has been given that the same team members need to be scheduled 4-5 days a week in their “areas” to be able to know their business. A lot of stores I’ve seen are more team member heavy this year then in previous years. This is in anticipation of having enough people post rollout.

I’ve had one 5.5 hour shift a week since the last week of December. No signs of hours going up at my store.

The newest schedule that came out at my store (starting with 3/3) is super brutal lol I only got 25 hours as a GSA with completely open availability

Absolutely! I have limited availability and am getting more hours than most of the TMs in my work center.
Yeah, I can only work 3 days and have more hours than some people with open availability in my work center.

Honestly at least at my store its because of all of the call-outs and people "forgetting" to take their lunch. If you have all of your team members scheduled at 38 hours and someone calls out how are you going to call someone in without them going into OT? The problem intensifies if you have multiple people that call out (Imagine 6 in a day)... then they complain that someone is getting more hours than them. The 4-5 hour shifts are due to lunches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back