Archived Returns - What's the point of a policy if we are told not to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
New(ish) system breaks it down now. There is overall, order pickup, returns, registry, and I believe a few others I'm missing. It's a cool system, "MyGuest", because you can use it to figure out where most of the complaints are about, but still some things is out of your control.

Ah thanks. I haven't seen the new one

Depends on how they take the survey, but yes guest service can still get dinged in that situation.

New(ish) system breaks it down now. There is overall, order pickup, returns, registry, and I believe a few others I'm missing. It's a cool system, "MyGuest", because you can use it to figure out where most of the complaints are about, but still some things is out of your control.

For example: You'll see a complaint and low rating for order pickup however, it could have been a mess up by the FF team. That complaint is still going to fall on guest service. Yesterday me and my GE had to respond to a complaint ("detractor") from a guest that at least aknowledged that it wasn't GS fault and they treated her well. They did what they could to fix the problem, but it was a Target.com screw up.

However, it was still classified as an order pickup complaint and technically it affected our metrics.
Exactly!! Have this issue when the order is incorrectly filled by STS or SFS. Then there is the score for completing order quickly. There is only so much I can do if I am the only one at the service desk. Plus, if there is a problem with the order it will take time to fix it.

Now if the person is a detractor and written in a comment the GE has to contact that guest before a certain time or else it goes up to the DTL
As a consumer, I hate this so much. If I wanted to talk to a manager, I would have done it in the store. If I take a survey online, I expect it to be anonymous and for someone at the district level to see it and take action if there are other similar surveys.

As a consumer, I hate this so much. If I wanted to talk to a manager, I would have done it in the store. If I take a survey online, I expect it to be anonymous and for someone at the district level to see it and take action if there are other similar surveys.

They can fill out the survey anonymously and choose not to be contacted. If they provide their name and contact info (they can put which way they want to be contacted) only ETLs can see that. As a GSTL I can see all the complaints and scores in MyGuest, however I can't see the guest name or contact info.

It simply looks like "guest57382939". Basically it's up to the guest if they're open to be contacted about their experience.

They can fill out the survey anonymously and choose not to be contacted. If they provide their name and contact info (they can put which way they want to be contacted) only ETLs can see that. As a GSTL I can see all the complaints and scores in MyGuest, however I can't see the guest name or contact info.

It simply looks like "guest57382939". Basically it's up to the guest if they're open to be contacted about their experience.
That's good then, as long as they stick to it. I had a horrible experience at the service department of a car dealership a while back, reflected it in my review, and specifically chose the option saying I did NOT want to be contacted...and they called me anyway.

How do you readily get away with #4 given the official, stated return policy is 30 days for electronics?
Well, lets say that most electronics returns either one of the others. A legitimate issue with an electronic item that doesn't, yes gets returned. This is very rare. Most returned Big screens are used. Most electronics games are only exchange when opened so there is that and alot (90%) have no receipt.

Re: MyGuest - My STL had to deal with a lady who chased him down in the store to complain about a $1.50 bag of popcorn she said was 'stale'.
He said to just give her a free bag next time she comes in; except that she complains about every bag she gets after eating about a third so she hasn't paid for popcorn for awhile.
She also expects us to pop her a fresh batch each time.
Fortunately she only comes about every couple weeks but all this crap over a $1.50 popcorn.
See we have the best AP in the district and are approaching best in the region. How do we solve this? By using those cameras against anyone who wants to act like a asshat. Once its ok. five times you make it to the district office and the next time you come in you get to talk to AP which politely shows you the scam you are pulling.

Its really fun when we have a bored shopping district cop sitting in Starbucks who waves at the Ap guy when he approaches someone.

On the flip side, we do allow certain things to slide. That popcorn, we waste so much, its a f*** it give her a bag. Same with the homeless who love to use our fountain tap for the water bottles. or steal empty starbucks cups (i guess for starbucks elesewhere)

Depends on how they take the survey, but yes guest service can still get dinged in that situation.

For example: You'll see a complaint and low rating for order pickup however, it could have been a mess up by the FF team. That complaint is still going to fall on guest service. Yesterday me and my GE had to respond to a complaint ("detractor") from a guest that at least aknowledged that it wasn't GS fault and they treated her well. They did what they could to fix the problem, but it was a Target.com screw up.

However, it was still classified as an order pickup complaint and technically it affected our metrics.
Being that they are anonymous and on every ticket you can have it filled out with all tens to compensate. I am NOT suggesting this but it can happen.

Being that they are anonymous and on every ticket you can have it filled out with all tens to compensate. I am NOT suggesting this but it can happen.

Yeah. That requires you to grab each receipt and get the survey info to do it. Too much work imo.

Management doesn't get their hours cut like we do. Ever since my stl instituted the no receipt, no return policy we for the first time have flex hours since I've been at this store.
I wish our STL would do that!!

Yeah. That requires you to grab each receipt and get the survey info to do it. Too much work imo.
Unrelated, but our GSA used to work at a store where the GSTL and the STL would somehow cut the survey portion off of every receipt and I believe fill out a positive survey. They were both fired, but still :p

Unrelated, but our GSA used to work at a store where the GSTL and the STL would somehow cut the survey portion off of every receipt and I believe fill out a positive survey. They were both fired, but still :p

Yeah I've heard of that being done lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back