1. The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.
    Dismiss Notice

Returns - What's the point of a policy if we are told not to follow.

Discussion in 'General Target Chat' started by Frontlanegirl, Jul 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. redeye58

redeye58 Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!

Guests scream for 'managers' because they know they don't have anything to lose at that point except to go for broke & most leadership is too wussy about survey scores so they'll cave in, which in turn rewards bad behavior.
    Welcome to retail.

leo443, Anelmi, HRZone and 1 other person like this.
  2. OP
    OP
    Frontlanegirl

Frontlanegirl Active Member

How do you feel when you have a screaming kid who wants a toy and then the parent gives in. Same thing with guests and management. Kid learns he can get what he wants with his bad behavior.

RTCry, Bosch and HRZone like this.
  3. HRZone

HRZone Well-Known Member

Management doesn't get their hours cut like we do. Ever since my stl instituted the no receipt, no return policy we for the first time have flex hours since I've been at this store.

Frontlanegirl likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Frontlanegirl

And the less hours there are the harder we need to work.

5. Amanda Cantwell

Amanda Cantwell Guest Service, Cashier, SCO, Photo

do other stores do "no same day different store"?

leo443 likes this.
  6. Yetive

Yetive Servant of 2 Masters

7. Anelmi

Anelmi Active Member

Yes and it gets people heated.

leo443 likes this.
  8. Amanda Cantwell

Amanda Cantwell Guest Service, Cashier, SCO, Photo

oh trust me i know

leo443 likes this.
  9. OP
    OP
    Frontlanegirl

10. SilentCrow

SilentCrow GSTL

With the introduction of MyGuest expect stores to get soft with return policies. I'm a GSTL and I had this argument/discussion the other day. What is the point of having a policy if you don't follow it? Trust me the TLs that are just doing the returns are probably just doing what their ETL tells them who is just doing what their STL tells them, who is doing what their DTL tells them. You get the point.

So with MyGuest you can see every guest complaints and compliment. You can see who is a detractor and who is a promoter of your store based off of the survey. Now if the person is a detractor and written in a comment the GE has to contact that guest before a certain time or else it goes up to the DTL. It's simply ridiculous. This creates panic and that turns into "just make the guest happy".

The thing is they should be focusing on sales growth, and efficiency of processes. Yet they're focused on bad surveys. Most people don't fill out surveys unless things don't go their way. All those people who have great service isn't worried about filling out surveys. Those few who can't get what they want will. It's the loud minority and Target is bending for them.

leo443 and Frontlanegirl like this.
  11. redeye58

redeye58 Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!

Re: MyGuest - My STL had to deal with a lady who chased him down in the store to complain about a $1.50 bag of popcorn she said was 'stale'.
    He said to just give her a free bag next time she comes in; except that she complains about every bag she gets after eating about a third so she hasn't paid for popcorn for awhile.
    She also expects us to pop her a fresh batch each time.
    Fortunately she only comes about every couple weeks but all this crap over a $1.50 popcorn.

HRZone likes this.
  12. SilentCrow

SilentCrow GSTL

That's just ridiculous. It always amazes me hope people find time to do things like that. $1.50 you don't want to pay so you create this elaborate story/scene.

13. OP
    OP
    Frontlanegirl

And this is my issue with the surveys. I had a guest yesterday who was upset with a policy that is out of my control. Of course, she was going to contact corporate and then our front end would get dinged for a bad survey. Anyone know how the surveys are broken down? If a guest has an issue with finding an item on the sales floor and can't, then fills out the survey does that survey count against the front end?

14. HRZone

HRZone Well-Known Member

Surveys judge the store as a whole. Doesnt matter if its a cashier or sales floor who pisses them off.

15. SilentCrow

SilentCrow GSTL

Depends on how they take the survey, but yes guest service can still get dinged in that situation.

New(ish) system breaks it down now. There is overall, order pickup, returns, registry, and I believe a few others I'm missing. It's a cool system, "MyGuest", because you can use it to figure out where most of the complaints are about, but still some things is out of your control.

For example: You'll see a complaint and low rating for order pickup however, it could have been a mess up by the FF team. That complaint is still going to fall on guest service. Yesterday me and my GE had to respond to a complaint ("detractor") from a guest that at least aknowledged that it wasn't GS fault and they treated her well. They did what they could to fix the problem, but it was a Target.com screw up.

However, it was still classified as an order pickup complaint and technically it affected our metrics.

16. HRZone

HRZone Well-Known Member

Ah thanks. I haven't seen the new one

SilentCrow likes this.
  17. OP
    OP
    Frontlanegirl

Then why is the front end heavily encouraged to get great scores?

18. OP
    OP
    Frontlanegirl

Exactly!! Have this issue when the order is incorrectly filled by STS or SFS. Then there is the score for completing order quickly. There is only so much I can do if I am the only one at the service desk. Plus, if there is a problem with the order it will take time to fix it.

SilentCrow likes this.
  19. SFSFun

SFSFun Ship from Store: Don't call it Ship To Store!!

As a consumer, I hate this so much. If I wanted to talk to a manager, I would have done it in the store. If I take a survey online, I expect it to be anonymous and for someone at the district level to see it and take action if there are other similar surveys.

20. SilentCrow

SilentCrow GSTL

They can fill out the survey anonymously and choose not to be contacted. If they provide their name and contact info (they can put which way they want to be contacted) only ETLs can see that. As a GSTL I can see all the complaints and scores in MyGuest, however I can't see the guest name or contact info.

It simply looks like "guest57382939". Basically it's up to the guest if they're open to be contacted about their experience.

Flow Warrior and SFSFun like this.