Archived Returns!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you do when a "guest" returns 20+ packages of Claritin? We know they are couponers. Why can't corporate do something about that? I always know when they have had a good coupon in the paper, because I receive so many of the item back in ESIM. That doesn't count things that are not hazardous.

get with you ETL AP so you can start denying returns or forcing them back on giftcards. ETL's are they only ones that can deny returns but it is ok'd from corporate for these kind of couponers. (I don't even like calling them that since they aren't using them properly.)

Y'know......I wouldn't have a problem with coupon ABUSERS ('cause that's what they are) but usually the stuff they return has to be defected out & can't be returned to stock. That's not merely a return but a loss.

Yeah, the problem is, if the guest calls corporate, we have to do the return....they will not back us up. You can do your best to deny the return if your ap or LOD will allow it, but in the end, technically we need to do it.

In the end, it comes out of Spot's pocket, so as long as they want to take the hit, who are we to stop them?

Wanna know whats worse, when in 1 week an ETL accepts 3 seperate returns of a bike with tire(s) popped when they have clearly been riding them. Now I have to replace the tubes in the tires when I have some time(Never) AND hope someone buys a clearly used bike at full price when it should have been denied in the first place. Stupid Stupid "Be Bold" policy

In the end, it comes out of Spot's pocket, so as long as they want to take the hit, who are we to stop them?

We can't take a hit, if they've been trespassed from all stores in the united states.. Not that I know anything about that ;)
Like that's gonna stop most people. Unless they are there when ap is there and paying attention, there is no way a trespass order is going to do any good...especially a national one.

Like that's gonna stop most people. Unless they are there when ap is there and paying attention, there is no way a trespass order is going to do any good...especially a national one.

There is a way to get their Drivers License, Blacklisted in POS. IC has to do it though. I think even Credit Cards & ATM Cards can even be blacklisted from being used.

If they are clearly scammers just make life as hard as possible for them, and call an etl. Most stores now will turn these people down.

we cannot deny a return under any circumstances according to our GSTL it sucks and the guests are picking up on it. this is a nightmare

we cannot deny a return under any circumstances according to our GSTL it sucks and the guests are picking up on it. this is a nightmare

Then force them onto a gift card, keeping that money in the store.

For the bikes, don't sell them at full price retag them "As Is" and it will drop the price and get them out the door quick.

Last edited:
Well apparently the other targets in our area are accepting expired coupons, and now guests are coming to ours and expecting us to accept them too. A guest actually came up to and said "I heard all the other targets are taking expired coupons, will you accept mine here too?" It seems like word is getting around that we are basically doing everything the guest wants. It will only get worse from here, if we dont put our foot down and start telling them no, then its going to get chaotic

Well apparently the other targets in our area are accepting expired coupons, and now guests are coming to ours and expecting us to accept them too. A guest actually came up to and said "I heard all the other targets are taking expired coupons, will you accept mine here too?" It seems like word is getting around that we are basically doing everything the guest wants. It will only get worse from here, if we dont put our foot down and start telling them no, then its going to get chaotic

Word is definitely getting around regarding expired coupons. I've seen some posts on Instagram and Facebook about it.

In the comments, they're suggesting the coupon policy is going to be modified to allow expired coupons. Um, not very likely.

What difference does it make???? Target got paid the amount of the coupons. So who cares if they returned them all???? Target doesn't lose anything.

We don't accept expired coupons at my store.

I asked my TPS guy about this very same thing recently since we have a ring of people that are doing these returns in our area. He said there is nothing we can do about it.

What difference does it make???? Target got paid the amount of the coupons. So who cares if they returned them all???? Target doesn't lose anything.

We don't accept expired coupons at my store.
Actually I think it was stated earlier in the thread, Target loses the sale, and the merchandise upon returning consumable meds. We are not allowed to put it back on the shelf. So if a guest returns 20 boxes of allergy medication, they are all thrown away.

We have a guest that has been coming to our store. He usually returns a couple articles of clothing with a receipt, then he just hands us his red card to return all the stuff he's trying to coupon scam with saying "Oh my wife told me to return this stuff..." I have repeatedly told my GSTL and she finally went to ETL's and now he's not allowed to return that crap anymore. Thank god.

He was returning several hundred dollars worth of merch every day and half of that was a loss since we had to destroy it. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize they are banking money on coupons with all the buy one get one razor coupons, and allergy medicine coupons that are out there. It's been really aggravating that it took as long as it did to finally red flag this guy.

His other legitimate returns done using a receipt were purchased at other Target stores in our area, so they know how to work the system. Him and his wife probably go to stores in our area buying this stuff, and come to various stores to return this stuff. Of course, always with no receipt so we can't see the coupons they used...

What happens when a "guest" buys an item that is buy 2 for $20 and get a free $5 gift card and pays cash for the transaction. Then they go and use the $5 gift card immediately on another transaction. The next day they return the two items and want their $20 cash back. Does spot take into account they spent the $5 gift card already?

Last edited:
What happens when a "guest" buys an item that is buy 2 for $20 and get a free $5 gift card and pays cash for the transaction. Then they go and use the $5 gift card immediately on another transaction. The next day they return the two items and want their $20 cash back. Does spot take into account they spent the $5 gift card already?

It will say on the receipt that all items must be returned in order to get full credit and this includes the unspent gift card. It will also state the return value of each item on the receipt. I've seen it on my receipts when I've bought things that have a gift card promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back