Archived Reverse Logistics / Receiving process question

Status
Not open for further replies.
We recently notified that I (RevLog-TM) is responsible for all defectives in the store. Even defectives done outside my shift are to be left at my desk. Was wondering if this really is a change in policy? And if anyone in Reverse Logistics / Receiving could provide me with an idea of their daily / weekly responsibilities that would great.
Thanx

Target is making a major push to defect out as little as possible. The less that is defected out, the more profit there is. In this case, it sounds like your store is trying to defect everything out of one location in order to get a better control on it.

I take care of Flow and Backroom's defectives. When I have the time and they bring them to me, that is. Guest services handles returned defectives and some salesfloor stuff I think. Then again I don't know what came from who when I come in on Monday and find a pile of broken stuff in my area.

What I started doing a couple weeks ago is when I leave on Friday is I put out three well-labeled bins, one each for Food, ESIM and Other. They don't always get used but it sort of helps to organize things a little. Also now would probably be a good time to make sure everyone knows what they're supposed to do with ESIM before you walk in on the bleach spill nobody else thought was a big deal.

Target is making a major push to defect out as little as possible. The less that is defected out, the more profit there is. In this case, it sounds like your store is trying to defect everything out of one location in order to get a better control on it.

Our store does not operate like that,in fact it seems like we are trying to defect out as much as possible,we recently got the direction that we were to have no rewrap or online only items on the salesfloor and that they were also to be defected out.The amount of donations and salvage that we produce is insane.

I misspoke and should have said destroy. Target is now trying to reduce how much is overridden to destroy. Donate/salvage are alright because Target gets monetary credit for them somehow, such as a tax write-off. We have even been directed to not override hazardous items, such as broken glass, because we are supposed to let the people who we donate it to decide whether or not they want it :eek:.

I misspoke and should have said destroy. Target is now trying to reduce how much is overridden to destroy. Donate/salvage are alright because Target gets monetary credit for them somehow, such as a tax write-off. We have even been directed to not override hazardous items, such as broken glass, because we are supposed to let the people who we donate it to decide whether or not they want it :eek:.
I think they're trying to do that at my store and I think it's ridiculous. The destroy option is there for a reason! I've found things like half a mirror sitting on top of the pallet. Not bagged or wrapped, just a bunch of shards of glass loosely in the packaging. Or broken glass bottles of sauce on the donations pallet. Or my favorite, moldy fruit.

I just throw them out but I'm wondering if I should start returning to inventory and properly marking them out instead.

When team members find out of date, damaged product from the truck or from the counters. Not to mention what pog finds from resets all comes to me. Guest services used to do it but then guest service wouldn't have that hotel look. It's piling up cause I'm focusing on the mirs. Keep telling etl log I need help cause alot of is esim and time consuming to process.

Question for food: When you "toss" food through a mydevice, does that count as "donate" or "destroy"? And do we get credit for toss?

Thanks, another question then. My region is very hot and humid and in the past when we tried this I would come in on Monday mornings to a tub full of fruit flies, flies, maggots, and rotting food sitting right next to Vendor Product. Is there some way to avoid this, or do I just keep telling the LOD to call FMOC and report pests (which they never do)? I'm pretty sure this is a massive Health code violation...

Receiving has always been responsible for defectives at my store.

We have a defectives tub at receiving with 6 sterellite bins (same size we use for ESIM), each one clearly labeled for what goes in there.

As for moldy food, you could talk to/email the Food TL or GSTLs (depending where the food came from) and remind them to have their team bag and seal anything that's leaking.

Received confirmation from new ETL-Log that we were correct. Receiving is responsible for Logistics team defectives (Flow/Back Room), Guest Services is responsible for Sales Floor defectives. We set the tub up and placed directly in front of a camera with instructions and "Smile, you're on camera" sign. I just hope this new guy doesn't get burned out fighting the useless ETLs and give up....

Yep, we have started salvaging and donating most everything besides un-safe shattered glass or exploded/leaking ESIM. Believe it or not, places that get our salvaged merch actually sell most anything even if it is broken and target recieves a more positive and productive long term margin gain it would otherwise lose on. Smart move, this is the way it is supposed to be done to begin with. Stores that buy our salvage products are very appreciative. Its win-win-win right down to the consumer.

Our store's gone the other way recently with E2E, TMs are responsible for their freight the whole way, push, backstock, defect, everything. We got rid of the ESIM tub as well, since it was always just a big unrecognizable pile on wheels.

I prefer this change for the most part, receiving's always been too much of a dumping ground. That mindset of "I'll leave this gross busted crap here for someone else to take of" sucks. The 24 casepack of soup that you dropped and broke a couple cans open and left sitting sitting for the weekend? I'm gonna toss the whole damn thing 'cause there's mold all over every can now. It's a shame 'cause we have a lot of people on the team that are always looking to salvage and donate when we can.

Please take some time and really wrap your salvage pallets up.

Thanks.

Yeah, been getting major push to crunch down disposition override %. Ours is under 10% now, which is grossly low. But hey, what the operations director wants...

I have a receiving question. Could someone explain to me the reason why some pipo items do not require a qty keyed in when backstocking? I believe i've had instances where certain types of water asked for a qty, whereas, others have not. Our pipo paper backstock used to only get the one beep and now they've changed it so that we're entering in the exact qty being backstocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back