Archived Review grade question. Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was curious if anyone here knows how review grades work for TM's.

Who decides the raise amount?
How much flexibility do they have in deciding raises?
Is there a raise limit based on time spent working for Target?

I was curious if anyone here knows how review grades work for TM's.

Who decides the raise amount?
How much flexibility do they have in deciding raises?
Is there a raise limit based on time spent working for Target?

The raise amount is a flat percentage based on the grade. TLs and ETLs determine your grade, however what percentage corresponds to what grade varies based on store performance (sales) if your store didn't make sales, your raises are less. Corporate sends down a budget of how many O(outstanding) and EX(Excellent)'s each store can give. Very little if any flexibility in raise amounts or grade.

The normal raise schedule is
O-utstanding 5%
EX-cellent 4%
E-ffective 3%
IE-Inconsistently Effective 2%
U-nsatisfactory either 1% or no raise, I don't know for sure.

There is no "time cap" but there is a salary cap for each paygrade, upon reaching that cap you get no raise unless you're scored an EX or O or move up a paygrade. If you've been working at target less than a year before the review, it's prorated based on how long you've been working there. Say 2 TMs both got E's, and an E was 3% at T-9999 Fantasy Target. The TM that had been there for a year would get 3%, while the TM that had only been there for 6 months would get 1.5%.

Is it possible to score Outstanding having been there less than one year?

Possible, but very very rare. The O's are given to the absolute top performers and usually the capped people so that they still get a raise. You would have to be very well liked by your entire leadership team.

So it is a roundtable like discussion with TL's, ETL's, and the STL?
A score of outstanding or excellent is possible for someone having worked for only 6 months?

It would mean your score & raise would surpass those who have been with spot longer & have more experience.
In essence, the rest of your store's team would have to really suck or leadership wanted to 'send a message'.
Possible but unlikely.

Every store handles it differently. Some stores it's a round table discussion. Other stores, the TLs write the review and the grade with input from the ETL. At still more others, ETL decides the grade and the TL has to write the review for that grade. When I had my review yesterday, the TL said they would have given me an EX but they couldn't because I hadn't been there a year, so getting anything over E is very difficult especially because the whole store shares a pool of EX grades and O grades and all the depts want a piece of the pie, so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back