Revisions

Is there anyway to know exactly how much time it will actually take to complete the workload. Next week babies some how has 29 revisions but all but 2 say 0.

None that I know of. Take a look at the pog's and see what if anything is really changing. Sometimes its just a small ISM change. If it looks like a lot is changing keep close tabs on workbench they will hopefully post something. If you find out something let us all know.

None that I know of. Take a look at the pog's and see what if anything is really changing. Sometimes its just a small ISM change. If it looks like a lot is changing keep close tabs on workbench they will hopefully post something. If you find out something let us all know.
I love it when they change POGs so little that you can barely notice but still take you all day.

One of the dumbest changes our store did was to put bulk water on the wall.

In the past you could drop the whole pallet (60 to 84 cases) on and endcap and top it off as needed.

Of course now they send us so much water we don't have room for it.

Is there anyway to know exactly how much time it will actually take to complete the workload. Next week babies some how has 29 revisions but all but 2 say 0.

ASANT

We have 21 revisions for babies, I'll estimate it's about 10-12 hours for an average setter to finish these 21 revisions. The biggest change for us is in toiletries, that would take about 1-1.5 hours. The rest seems fairly easy from 1 minutes to about 30 minutes. There's a few you can just tie and be done.

If you have a very experience setter, you can have them write down the time it would take to finish.

I am that experienced team member. We never had that issue before where everything said 0 hours. My team lead went in and tied everything and baby toys changed somewhat so I had to fix that issue. I’m not sure if the other 8 resets had issues.

I've had some that were less than an hour, but the time is still noted, like "54 minutes." But I don't remember any that were somehow supposed to be done in 0 time. Just did a couple of OTC ones that were something like 21 minutes and 30+ minutes maybe. Can't remember exactly, just really short. And they were.

I am that experienced team member. We never had that issue before where everything said 0 hours. My team lead went in and tied everything and baby toys changed somewhat so I had to fix that issue. I’m not sure if the other 8 resets had issues.

I'm assuming your team lead made sure nothing changed or made the changes it called for before tying? 70% of our revisions do have some label changes with pegs and such.

No he was tying them in without checking as one took me 30 minutes to fix. Next week revisions are 0 for time again and I have received quite a bit of transition freight for that reset. Hopefully this time he will look into it.

No he was tying them in without checking as one took me 30 minutes to fix. Next week revisions are 0 for time again and I have received quite a bit of transition freight for that reset. Hopefully this time he will look into it.

This will tick me off if someone did that. Your schematic will be screwed up, unnecessary pulls will be made with no proper labels on the floor to stock them. It will be a mess if no one goes back and fix it. I would tell that TL not to tie anything without making sure it's set to plano.

Last edited:
This will tick me off if someone did that. Your schematic will be screwed up, unnecessary pulls will be made with no proper labels on the floor to stock them. It will be a mess if no one goes back and fix it. I would tell that TL not to tie anything without making sure it's set to plano.
I would do something better you tie you fix it .
The gm tl did so and the inbound put the freight on the side and and I told him here this is yours the pog is tied but labels are not correct . Not wasting time on my push to fix it .

I would do something better you tie you fix it .
The gm tl did so and the inbound put the freight on the side and and I told him here this is yours the pog is tied but labels are not correct . Not wasting time on my push to fix it .
We do the same. GM TL ties it and doesn't set? It gets put on a pallet (or straight to backstock if we're feeling nice) and dayside TL & their team gets to fix it, pull and push it.

They generally don't do it again until they forget and have to be reminded again the hard way.

Our paper pog that was to be set Oct 15 was tied on Oct 17th by our GM-ETL. He failed to do anything more than tie it. So a week later I was working paper thinking why are these labels all fucked up and this Dixie shit has no space??? Looked at pog details and lo and behold it was tied and not set -- so I informed inbound TL and backstocked the Dixie. In a previous non-ODTM life I would have started fixing it or maybe just looked for the label strips or even printed a section of labels and started to reset it. I quickly decided a) I didn't have time to even start doing that; b) ETL's not here to communicate with; and c) oh well, I guess it's not my problem and the regular paper guy probably already knows what's happening. (PS backstocking the Dixie meant finding a pallet jack, moving a pallet of A&A repacks to the floor, finding a ladder, backstocking, and reverse.)

Back