Archived Ridiculous day for backups

Status
Not open for further replies.
ASANTS. I don't agree with this statement. In our store, our front end leaders do speed weave and direct guests. Sending guests to GS for 10 or less is not a good idea as there is usually one person there and they are already helping guests. Most of the time we need guest first is because we are short staffed because hours are cut, or, during busy traffic times.
Right, that's why I said "my store"! We do not have a very busy service desk, more often than not we can easily ring out one 10-or-less guest without causing traffic issues.

LOL at ETLs backing up. Happens maybe once or twice a year at my store. SrTLs will backup if they are not LOD.

LOL ya my ETLS all try to avoid backing up except my ETL GE. But when it's crazy they jump on.

My STL will willingly hop on a lane if it's busy and no one responds for backup. He hustles for Red cards too. He has maybe 25 transactions since January but has 5 or 6 red cards..

The crappy EIT we have always gets put on a lane lol. It's kinda effed up how we have a 60k cashier but all the ETLS hate her so they make her backup when they are LOD.

Most of the backup at my store is caused by lazy GSTLs/GSAs. They won't speedweave/send 10 or less to the service desk. Then, we end up needing 2 or 3 extra cashiers at one time and they have to stick around for 20 mins at a time. the front end leaders just stand around...and for some reason never get coached for it.

I think my issue is our GSTLS don't get people off of lanes. They put backup people on the front lanes so they can never get people out of their line then when someone comes back from break they chat with them for 3 min before sending them to the lanes.

The result is no one wants to go back up.

Now our Sr tl GSTL is the man. Whenever you backup he puts you at a back lane, he will stick the red "lane closed" on your line once you have helped out enough since he knows no one should have to backup a whole hour. Also when he calls up people for backup he will call out the softlines ladies who try to hide and avoid coming up.

Does Target do the 10 items or less lanes anywhere? I know I won't buy stuff after work if the lanes are long and I need a few things. I've often wondered how many people ditch their stuff once they get to the check lanes and see the crowds.

Mine does 10 or less....but it also has IGS which makes things a bit different.

Does Target do the 10 items or less lanes anywhere? I know I won't buy stuff after work if the lanes are long and I need a few things. I've often wondered how many people ditch their stuff once they get to the check lanes and see the crowds.

We have an express lane near self checkout.

To be honest Target never has that long of lines. They will put the cart attendant on a lane before the lines get too long.

If people want to see long lines go to Walmart or Costco lol.

My store has 3 Express lanes near SCO

To be honest Target never has that long of lines. They will put the cart attendant on a lane before the lines get too long.

And yet our customer service scores are down because people have to wait. It's ridiculous the way we reward bad behavior. Waiting because there are two other guests in front of you and you can't wait another couple minutes???

And yet our customer service scores are down because people have to wait. It's ridiculous the way we reward bad behavior. Waiting because there are two other guests in front of you and you can't wait another couple minutes???
I had a guest that wouldn't wait at the desk because GOOD LORD there were 3 lines! :eek: Two of them had 2 people and the other had one person that was just leaving and my guest says " Look at the line honey. It's so long."

We don't have self checkout yet or any express lanes so we do get awful lines sometimes. Add in a call out and we've got lines that'll make any gsa weep a little.

We don't have self checkout yet or any express lanes so we do get awful lines sometimes. Add in a call out and we've got lines that'll make any gsa weep a little.
You don't want sco. Most guests hate them, and your cashier payroll will be decimated. We now never have more than 4 or 5 cashiers at a time in a very high volume store.

How many people in a line do you define as awful?

7 would make me leave and 5 makes me consider it when I see what's in people's carts. Midday our store easily has 5 per line if not more with maybe 4 or 5 registers open.

You don't want sco. Most guests hate them, and your cashier payroll will be decimated. We now never have more than 4 or 5 cashiers at a time in a very high volume store.

I think we are getting them soon. Scary to think of now that you say that...we have 4 or 5 midday usually and maybe 1 or 2 mornings. Damn, sco is gonna suck. :/

7 would make me leave and 5 makes me consider it when I see what's in people's carts. Midday our store easily has 5 per line if not more with maybe 4 or 5 registers open.

Wow I am surprised you guys don't have more cashiers scheduled.

We never have more than 3 in a line before the GSAS scream for backup. I can't imagine lines of 5 or more. We would be sending people to electronics by that point.

At my store when we have insane back ups it's due to call offs okay one cashier calling off fine but then you have another cashier calling off and then add we don't have any coverage for example 7 pm and it just hit 5 pm yep not good at all.

I think my issue is our GSTLS don't get people off of lanes. They put backup people on the front lanes so they can never get people out of their line then when someone comes back from break they chat with them for 3 min before sending them to the lanes.

The result is no one wants to go back up.

TRUE

Now our Sr tl GSTL is the man. Whenever you backup he puts you at a back lane, he will stick the red "lane closed" on your line once you have helped out enough since he knows no one should have to backup a whole hour. Also when he calls up people for backup he will call out the softlines ladies who try to hide and avoid coming up.

We have one of him at my store. I would try to back up as much as I can whenever she's working.

How can you not have more than 4 in a line when you did 239k in 1 day

This equals 18,000 per hour between 12 noon and 8 pm and then about 14,000 the other 7 hours at open and close.

So all register were hoping busy and lines were long. End of story a busy fuckin day on Saturday.

Wow I am surprised you guys don't have more cashiers scheduled.

We never have more than 3 in a line before the GSAS scream for backup. I can't imagine lines of 5 or more. We would be sending people to electronics by that point.

Our scheduling is pretty sparse these days. And the GSAs do call for back up but there's only so much that can happen when everyone who can is already helping. We need mo'money!! :)

Saturday the gstl was calling for backup but since we were so busy no one on the sales floor was free. Every 30 seconds you here "I need all hands on deck at the registers" followed by "I'm with a guest" or "I have frozen on the floor". This went on for a couple hours after it was done gstl demands that everyone comes up to claim reshop.

Saturday the gstl was calling for backup but since we were so busy no one on the sales floor was free. Every 30 seconds you here "I need all hands on deck at the registers" followed by "I'm with a guest" or "I have frozen on the floor". This went on for a couple hours after it was done gstl demands that everyone comes up to claim reshop.
How is this new system going to work for reshop during 4th quarter.
I suggest throw reshop into the compactor along with the guests who create it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back