Archived RTW floorpad swap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our store was selected to do a test for our new RTW adjacency...basically to see if placement helps drive maternity and plus size sales, we moved those sections to the front by the checklanes, and flipped the rest of the blocks so swimwear is now by the fitting room. Anyone else do this test as well? If so, how's it working out so far?

Wow... not our store, but man.... the first thing that comes to mind is our "regulars" going "WHAT THE H*** did YOU DO WITH IT!" *grumble grumble grumble* LOL! Let me know how it goes.

LOL! Quite a few people had that reaction...one guest noticed the sign that says sportswear for the first time, since it's now next to active, and had a little b**** fit about it to another lady she was shopping with, "WTF?! The sign says sportswear but workout clothes are over here so idek what that is! It's never been there before!!"

There's some good things about it, like for some reason now it's A LOT easier to maneuver a cart through than it was before, so that's nice. Those electric carts still have no hope, though. *shudder* It looks like the block that's getting shopped more is Merona, though, instead of Plus and Maternity.
Another thing corporate didn't think through though, is that since we have no operator until 10:30, our shortage is going up due to the swimsuits being so close it's so easy to just pop in a room and steal one or five...

I'm still kinda meh about it, though. I think a less labor intensive way to drive sales would have been just to get cuter clothes that more people want to buy, but that would make too much sense. LOL
Oh and the jean walls were a PITA to move too!

LOL! People are so funny. And as aggravated as our go back people get when we do VAs... trying to imagine how they'll feel when/if we move WHOLE departments. haha

Wow, no operator until 10:30... and I thought it was bad when we had to fill the role till 9am. >< So does your desk just sit empty? In our case we have to fill it from the sales floor. But, yes, I can see how swimsuits would just end up in purses that way. -_-

I can add to the "cuter" clothes with "better fitting". :p As for the jean wall... I don't even want to think about it. I've had to "super zone" that monster before. Men's is not so bad but women's... *shudder*.

it sits empty. The phones go up to guest service. If I'm near, I check rooms and check people in. The no operator thing started recently, our tl has been trying to get the LOD to do the hourly checks , but nothing's come of that. :( I'm hoping that our AP will take notice enough to get our STL to bring the hours for fitting room back.
The lady on the flow team who does the RTW racks is pretty confused still though, the poor woman!

Gotcha. When they have hours cut and bring in the operator late they tell the SL-TL that SHE or someone in her dept HAS to cover the first hour. So ours never sits empty. We haven't had the phones on overnight since one of our ETLs left who preferred to tell the OP to do that and just GO on her break without coverage. That would be nice if AP would do that... Just make sure you report all thefts you know about. The sucky thing is you're probably not going to know about many of them when you have to do so many other things that take you away from the FR.

Yikes. I can imagine it'd have quite an impact on our SL-FLOW side as well, though they don't seem to be stumped at all when we do VA's and move everything around... even when all brands are tabled in the center and out of their usual area.

Ummm hate to break it to you, but it is actually not swapping with swim only swapping between maternity and plus size. Our store is also part of the test, the VA that was sent at least for our store is mirrored to our layout. I.E. Swim still stays at the front, only difference is that maternity is now where plus is. I really hope your ETL/TL realized this and didn't have you move everything around. That sucks, bc it's wrong.

Are you sure corporate is not testing various locations between stores to see what works best?

if they really want to drive maternity/plus sales, they need to get rid of the ugly and realize larger ladies can find trendier products than neon leopard print with cap sleeves. it's like everything they carry is made with no/super short sleeves and even the shirts look like dresses. they need to focus more on items that can be layered together to look fashionable. i helped push z racks a couple weeks ago in plus/mens, and the selections were horrible.

Are you sure corporate is not testing various locations between stores to see what works best?

I'm not sure, but all I know is that the VA sent to my store specifically stated plus size swapping with maternity in the front pages.

Our entire floorpad flipped. I saw our map, and it goes maternity, plus, merona, mossimo black, denim, juniors and swim. Maybe they are testing different placements to see what works best. I wish that only plus and maternity had flipped, because it was a real pain to move everything around!
All I know is, if we have to swap back in August when the test ends I'll be SUPER p.o.'d!

Yeah, they only sent 2 floor maps, however they were both mirror images of our layout putting swim near fitting room and plus/maternity up front. But the note in the first page clearly stated only swapping the two, not the entire floor. I had to set it last week too.

Oh my gosh! Now I will get lost when I try to help a guest without a sl person. It has not happen at my store yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back