Shift swapping question

I frequently get scheduled for more hours than I asked for even if other people have their hours cut. Is it frowned upon to frequently put my shifts up for swap in hopes someone will take one and reduce my hours? I show up if no one takes it and I won’t be mad if they all get taken

I’m just worried HR won’t like my self scheduling habit using swap requests, thoughts?

I used to put all my shifts up all the time when I was going through some medical problems. One week I got pretty lucky and got ten days off in a row in an emergency which was nice. As long as there’s coverage, you’ve done good.

There is no official policy in concern with that.

But I have seen and heard one-off stories of stores not approving shift swaps because TMs gave all their shifts up. I would think there was additional reasons behind it.

There is no official policy in concern with that.

But I have seen and heard one-off stories of stores not approving shift swaps because TMs gave all their shifts up. I would think there was additional reasons behind it.
What I don't understand is why there seems to be some TMs who post at least one or two shifts a week and/or call out at least once a week, yet they keep getting scheduled five days/30 hours week after week, month after month. Why don't they reduce their availability? Why doesn't HR notice and give the hours to the ones who always pick up those shifts or come in when asked? I know each situation must be different, but still. Something I have always wondered about.

Back