Archived Rumors that spot will remain open Sunday's until 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
At my store we are open Sun-Fri 8 am to 11 pm and Saturdays we close at midnight. I can't imagine us staying open any later..

At my store we are open Sun-Fri 8 am to 11 pm and Saturdays we close at midnight. I can't imagine us staying open any later..

Could always just go to 24 hrs a day, like some other retailer.... Although I don't think that'd be wise. But Im sure the big suits don't really care what any of us tms think. I swear the only reason my store ever sees traffic after 9 on most days is because we are the only store open in our general shopping area. I was talking to a girl I work with the other day about what all the other major stores near by do for their hours && we were day dreaming how nice it must be to work some of those places and not be stuck at work so late all the time for one or two loonies.

We've been open until 11 on Sunday and midnight on Saturday for more than a year now.

Target would be the next Kmart if they were opened 24 hours a day. Target is the anti-Wal-Mart remember. That means it can't be a 24 hour day.

It's too sophisticated.

Our store closes at 9 on Sunday and 10 the rest of the week. Any store in the area that's open later has to pay a fine. They'll gladly pay that fine during Q4, put it just won't be worth it any other time of year.

My store is open to 11pm all week, a Super, and has been since I started working there two years ago.

Could always just go to 24 hrs a day, like some other retailer.... Although I don't think that'd be wise. But Im sure the big suits don't really care what any of us tms think. I swear the only reason my store ever sees traffic after 9 on most days is because we are the only store open in our general shopping area. I was talking to a girl I work with the other day about what all the other major stores near by do for their hours && we were day dreaming how nice it must be to work some of those places and not be stuck at work so late all the time for one or two loonies.
A lot of Walmarts, atleast in my area, have ended the 24 hour model. It's just not profitable for various reasons including theft and payroll.

A lot of Walmarts, atleast in my area, have ended the 24 hour model. It's just not profitable for various reasons including theft and payroll.
Yup. Ours lasted six months after the remodel to super Walmart. Overnight process for flow before and after though.

My old store was always busy Sunday night right until close. All the 'loving parents' that apparently forgot their kid has school the next day and needs milk, cereal, bread, and lunch meat. Or the lovely couple who decided Sunday night was the best time to redecorate their bedroom and has $300 of bedding in their cart. My old store always ran a skeleton crew: LOD, GSTL, cashier, SD, and 1-2 for the floor.

I've been the only cashier on a Sunday night and had 14 in line...yes, I counted cause I was ticked the GSTL wouldn't get on a lane, but could stand and chat with the LOD.

Like I said I don't think it'd be wise. Nor do I find it that useful for most 24 hour stores. The only place I frequent often that is 24 hrs is the grocery store && that's because most of the time I don't feel like grocery shopping until after work and I close 95% of my shifts. But I'm almost always the only person in the store aside from their employees stocking - who are surprisingly rude about letting me grab things from their aisles. I realize they are busy and stuff can be heavy etc, but I try to leave my cart out of it and quickly grab what I need without interrupting them in Ny way if possible. Side rant over.

My store is open 8-11 except Saturday which is 8-midnight. From September-January we get stuck with 7-midnight every day.

We were told that our store would stay open an hour later on Sat and Sundays Starting next month.

My store used to close at 10 on Sundays and switched. It's been about a year or so that we've been closing at 11.

My old store closes at 9pm on Sundays. And we were forever chasing people out...especially in the summer. Even though I liked the early closing, it seemed we really should have been open until 10pm.

My store is open until 10 on Sundays (11 every other night) and it seems pointless for the most part. No one shops that late but that slow couple hours in the end are good for closing zones.

We're about to change to 8-11 everyday but Sun which will remain 8-10. Struggle with payroll already now it's just going to get worse : (

At my location, we are going to start staying open until 11pm every night starting this summer. The other Target in town stays open until 12 every night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back