Archived Sales Floor Hours Cut in Favor of Backroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the beginning of the year, sales floor hours were cut drastically and extra hours were given to backroom for working on push. Now, sales floor team members come in usually around 5pm (before we used to come in around 2:30pm or 3pm) and we just work on zones and reshop. Not having to do push makes the shift less strenuous, but shifts feel like they go by slower because there is not as much to do.

I'm curious to see if this is something specific to my store, or something that the company has done at large.

Sales floor tms at my store have been doing less push, but hours haven't really changed. Closers are usually staggered at my store- first one in at 3, maybe two in at 4, one in at 5 or 6 or so (we close at 11). Maybe one-two flats/tubs of push and then zone and reshop most of the night (and of course wind up on register most of your shift). It takes most of the night just to do zone and reshop, but maybe that's cause my store is A volume.

You mean that the closers come in around 5, right? Not that the first salesfloor team members of the day come in at 5. Because that wouldn't make any sense and the leadership of the store should be slapped upside the head for that.

You mean that the closers come in around 5, right? Not that the first salesfloor team members of the day come in at 5. Because that wouldn't make any sense and the leadership of the store should be slapped upside the head for that.

In my store, typically only the team leaders are on the floor in the mornings. There MIGHT be a mid, but its usually just the TL until the first closers come in at 3 or 4.

In my store, typically only the team leaders are on the floor in the mornings. There MIGHT be a mid, but its usually just the TL until the first closers come in at 3 or 4.

And you're an A volume store? Wow. That's crazy.

And you're an A volume store? Wow. That's crazy.

I know. We have a lower volume store literally 5 minutes down the road. I went in there the other day in the morning and at like 10 or 11am, there were more than 5 tms in softlines alone. I think my store's just weird.

Same thing at my store. The sales floor is just TLS from 8 - 4:30 besides morning task teams. 1 mid usually like 10am - 2pm or 12pm - 4pm. Then closers come in at 7. We literally have a gap in coverage everyday 4:30 - 7. A volume $47m.

It's usually an electronics TM, a consumables TM, and a sales floor TL from 4:30 - 7. So not totally empty but still pretty slim.

Our store is eliminating the Instocks team soon and cutting sales floor hours. Soon the entire flow team has to push freight, research, pull and back stock their department.

Yes I meant closers, although I NEVER get scheduled before 5pm anymore so it seems like there is no sales floor coverage at my store before 5pm. Maybe they schedule just one person before 5pm and I haven't noticed.

Haha salesfloor hours were cut at my store since backroom pushes as well... And yet backroom had their hours cut as well. So no one knows truly where the hours went. Just like a few other teams had their hours cut as well. Some by forty + hours. Can't help to see flow staying a lot longer though.

I know. We have a lower volume store literally 5 minutes down the road. I went in there the other day in the morning and at like 10 or 11am, there were more than 5 tms in softlines alone. I think my store's just weird.

Those 5 TMs might've been the flow team, or else plano setting the adjacency.

Same for my store, pretty much only TLs in the am....50+ mil per year (is that A volume?) Only a couple stores in our district have made sales the past couple months, so it's cut cut cut.

Our store is eliminating the Instocks team soon and cutting sales floor hours. Soon the entire flow team has to push freight, research, pull and back stock their department.

you really really do not want the Flow Team doing research, RIGS or anything to do with Instocks at all. That would be nightmare fuel for any one with even the barest of wattage left in their brain stem.

Our flow team has the most tenuous grasp on the basics of personal hygiene so why would any sane person give them the task of the dark arcane arts that is Intocks?

That seems insane to me, and our store is already well understaffed for its volume. On any given day, we'll have 4+ Hardlines closers from 4:30-12:30, probably 3-4 in softlines, and 2-3 cashiers. Even with this many it's still crazy understaffed, and we're a A+/AA Volume strore.

Golden Contributer award. We had an STL who won three of them, exactly how he wanted the sales floor scheduled. It worked in a low volume store but when you get a 62+ million volume it fails so hard!

I see leadership getting fired in the next few months.. Cause the In Stocks are check system for flow. What could go wrong with this?

Please post back with pictures of fucked up shelves. Cause its coming.

They cut the floor hours at our store since backroom pulls and push cafs and other vehicles as needed. We basically had to let the whole instocks team go and it's now filled with random flow guys who do the scans and pull/push.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back