Archived Sales Floor Hours Cut in Favor of Backroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Drummer7794 tell your ETL-log goodbye to location accuracy and hello to errors through the roof. Our backroom is only 4 people in the morning so we have 3 guys from flow team come backstock on truck days. I spend an extra 10-20 min each morning during autofills correcting baffles and updating as I pull. Location accuracy dropped from 98% to 96% immediately when hours were cut and flow TMs came to backstock. I can't keep up with fixing their mistakes but I'm the only one who seems to care.

you really really do not want the Flow Team doing research, RIGS or anything to do with Instocks at all. That would be nightmare fuel for any one with even the barest of wattage left in their brain stem.

Our flow team has the most tenuous grasp on the basics of personal hygiene so why would any sane person give them the task of the dark arcane arts that is Intocks?
Once they realize that the less/more they scan impacts the truck size, I bet you'll see a drastic cut in research scans. Just bare minimum.

you really really do not want the Flow Team doing research, RIGS or anything to do with Instocks at all. That would be nightmare fuel for any one with even the barest of wattage left in their brain stem.

Our flow team has the most tenuous grasp on the basics of personal hygiene so why would any sane person give them the task of the dark arcane arts that is Intocks?

I see leadership getting fired in the next few months.. Cause the In Stocks are check system for flow. What could go wrong with this?

Please post back with pictures of fucked up shelves. Cause its coming.
It sounds like they are going to the metered unload process, which corporate actually came up with and allows for lower volume stores. Each TM is responsible for keeping a certain area stocked and researching outs. If something is fucked up, they can be held accountable.

It sounds like they are going to the metered unload process, which corporate actually came up with and allows for lower volume stores. Each TM is responsible for keeping a certain area stocked and researching outs. If something is fucked up, they can be held accountable.

With the Flow team doing the research that won't happen..

We are the highest volume store in our district. The reason the STL is moving toward this "is because this is the way the company as a whole is wanting to move forward". We don't plan to change our truck process either. We are 4am process. Usually done with truck at 5:30. They will have regular flow do its thing from 4am to 8am but at 6 am a second flow team will come in, work their department, push freight, research and also zone and maintain their department until the closers come in at 1-2pm.

It's just a matter of holding people accountable for their actions. The plan is to have this method going in 5 weeks time for Back to College

We are the highest volume store in our district. The reason the STL is moving toward this "is because this is the way the company as a whole is wanting to move forward". We don't plan to change our truck process either. We are 4am process. Usually done with truck at 5:30. They will have regular flow do its thing from 4am to 8am but at 6 am a second flow team will come in, work their department, push freight, research and also zone and maintain their department until the closers come in at 1-2pm.

It's just a matter of holding people accountable for their actions. The plan is to have this method going in 5 weeks time for Back to College
Where does the hours for the 2nd flow team comes from? Salesfloor! Does 2nd flow team help guests too?

Same at my store. Salesfloor hours cut through all departments. Logistics run the store. However, we still have 2 TM to run instocks team. If it wasn't for them, our Log. process will be messed up. For example, sometime last year, we stopped scanning for a few weeks. Metrics fell. When we were finally able to scan, we had a triple digit scans, which made research batches huge. Manual CAFss were useless. If the 10pm O/N and Flow team process are not proficient, you'll have a bad time. My flow team doesn't always stock correctly. Huge batches, pulls and pushing too long, etc.

Now, Salesfloor is responsible for Guest First, Zoning and Strays. BR Day team pushes. Work with the ETL and TLs to keep the floor filled.

You want logistics to keep the floor full? You are going shitcan most and hire people who can understand its not good to slam out nine cases blue widgits and backstock all the other colors cause you filled all their space with blue.

It will happen mark my words. But you go ahead and let flow have free reign with the floor.

Our store just cut instocks last week and now backroom team members are getting all the sales floor hours.

Yet I imagine most of them could spell "Instocks" correctly :p

There has to be. Who is pulling cafs, setting the line, doing flxes and droping hanger bins and bags for the SF?
Hanger bins and bags can be kept close to the ground - or prepped in the morning

Flow can set the line

cafs should be done by 4pm weekdays, 6pm weekends

salesfloor/lod can pull flexes during closing.

backroom can pull price change in the morning

seen this done at a number of stores ;) works fine as long as your LOD knows what they're doing, and you don't take all of the hours savings out of logistics - only some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back