Archived Sales the last 2 months...how have you done

Status
Not open for further replies.
So even though hours have been cut at my store, which is just a tad above an ULV store we have made sales by about +$200,000 ish in march and I think around $170,000ish in feb. Its crazy we are up like 10-11% for the year so far in the "slow time" of the year yet Target cant afford to give us more hours /end rant

With just one week of making sales, I'm sure target can use that extra money to give more hours. I don't know why hours are so brutal but we have been killing it in sales by about 80k every day

With just one week of making sales, I'm sure target can use that extra money to give more hours. I don't know why hours are so brutal but we have been killing it in sales by about 80k every day

You must be a pretty high volume store for that much O_O

But ya anyway since we have launched presh a while back we have been at least up 3% every month

We've had up days and down days over the last couple of months, but overall YTD we're killing it by about 10-11% so far. Even with as busy as we've been, I've been kicking ass up down front back and sideways with my team in the backroom.

We've been up, like 7% on sales for the year so far. Those nice quiet times in the first quarter disappeared. Which is annoying because we switched to 4AM backroom but we're moving more merch than we were last year when we had overnght. AND because sales are so high, we're probably just going to revert back to overnight anyways come August, so all the good overnight people we lost because they couldn't work 4AM, we lost because we went to 4AM for ONLY FOUR MONTHS!

they are probably spending too much on p fresh remodels...I heard some figures about a super target in my district that they are behind schedule on. So far they have spent 3 million dollars more on the remodel than it costs to actually open up a new super target.

Target manipulates the numbers based on projected sales forecasts to use it as an excuse to not hire more people and to give the pay raises that people deserve them. Target is making a butt-load of money which is how they are able to purchase race teams and give the execs million dollar bonuses every year.

For Q1 we made out like 12% above projected goal. Since Q2 has started we haven't been making goal though.

Doing a pfresh remodel after its done, will save your store. It has for mine. I am "a" store in a tough market. Drive sales & help guests make a big difference in ge surveys. Don't give up!

Are you guys talking about forecast or projected? They are different things... just because you beat forecast doesn't mean they are going to hand out more hours! Or are we talking comp %?

We are bottom of the barrel D volume (ULV). Our payroll is as low as ever and we are up 18% for the year.

Target just released the sales numbers for the month of March.. *NET* profits within the company were up 5 or 6% from last year for the month of March.. Hmmmm

Target is making up for the miserable black friday sales...

Our tm are dropping like flies. Great tm that were getting full time hours for years are now cut to 17 hours a week, so they have to find employment elsewhere. Not great for morale....

Target manipulates the numbers based on projected sales forecasts to use it as an excuse to not hire more people and to give the pay raises that people deserve them. Target is making a butt-load of money which is how they are able to purchase race teams and give the execs million dollar bonuses every year.

Don't make us break out the math again...

Our store is up nearly 40% from last year. Yes. 40%. It has been an absolute nightmare for the past month where a 'busy' wednesday night of 75k suddenly turns into 110k+. We just finally started getting additional salesfloor team hours to keep up with this.

Our store is up nearly 40% from last year. Yes. 40%. It has been an absolute nightmare for the past month where a 'busy' wednesday night of 75k suddenly turns into 110k+. We just finally started getting additional salesfloor team hours to keep up with this.

I want some hours! Sf hours were cut due an extra truck this week.

It's stupid, but there's actually nothing your leadership can do about this (at least within the store leadership), it's the way Targets system works.

My store, for example, killed sales pretty much the entire month of March, so we received "flex hours" near the end of the month. We called everyone, backroom, flow, sales floor, cashiers... anyone who wanted more hours, got them. The store was wrecked, the backroom had ghosts all over the places, pFresh needed serious cleaning, and it nearly all got done (which was nice).

However, we still couldn't use all the hours and lost a big chunk of these "flex hours" simply because we couldn't get people to come in and work.

Moral of the story? TMs have to be willing to work to get hours, we had dozens of TMs say they didn't want the hours... my sympathy for ANY of them complaining about not getting enough hours, well it is officially tanked.

Last week is basically the first week we didn't make our goal this year. We made sales every week and yet still not enough hours

Target started up a new $5 Billion dollar stock buy back program that is basically whizzing money into the wind. Basically the company is buying shares back that it issued to get people put money into the company. They completed a $10 Billion dollar buy back last year.

The analysts are scratching their collective heads over why Target is doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back