Archived Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else missing projections regularly? I feel like we are being over-projected. Prior to BF we were doing good, missing once or twice a week. Since BF we have been consistently missing by 5-7%.

Same here! Our store was hit HARD on Black Friday, "C" volume store #1 in district for sales and we just haven't seen the replenishment since then.....

Last 2 weeks we missed sales, just yesterday we finally met sales for this week. This time last year we had NO issue with meeting or beating our sales goals.

only made goal 2/3 days since black friday,all hrs sucked up by flow team to be finished fast but no sl or cashier staff to help push sales.

we've been making sales... one day we forecast 210 and made almost 300 :x

Haven't hit sales until prior to BF.

We missed sales most weeks during the year and we missed on BF. We've been doing making sales the past couple of weeks, but I don't think that we will get into the black by the end of the year unless we have some crazy shopping frenzy days. We're ULV and at the beginning of this month we were down about 300k YTD.

With the amount of stores missing sales after BF, I still think corp upped projections. We were rolling along fine, making sales much of the time. Then BF hit. Made sales that day, just a couple days since then. I'm calling over-projecting! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Yea, Corp. wants to make themselves feel better by over projecting profits for "their mistake" (that they aren't owning up to) on BF. Thus, the reason we are not making sales goals, thus the reason they are cutting hours, etc....

We are outrageously over sales and totally understaffed because of it. I think TM bonuses are in order. Just sayin'.... lol

If anyone looks at the sales report, you will notice the company is actually slightly down in comp sales % for December.. Which is really more a reflection of the economy. Either way, while 3rd Quarter earnings were strong.. 4th Q has been weaker in terms of growth.. Which is unfortunate for payroll purposes. Hopefully it continues to pick up over the next 2 weeks.

I think we made sales one day in the past week. Being ON I don't pay much attention... I know we missed by a large margin on BF though, and we usually get close to $1M (got $800k and change).

We are outrageously over sales and totally understaffed because of it. I think TM bonuses are in order. Just sayin'.... lol

If you are understaffed and over sales, then your ETL's are dropping the ball. Flex payroll is in place for just that reason.

We've been murdering our forecasts for the past week or two, in the order of tens of thousands of dollars. That's being reflected in our freight flow too... Factoring in the EOS Trim/Candy/Toys push, we've taken 4 2800 piece trucks in a row now, which is about as big as they get for our B volume. We don't have the staffing to properly get these trucks done! Well the push is fine, but our backstock is becoming mountainous!!

We don't have the staffing to properly get these trucks done! Well the push is fine, but our backstock is becoming mountainous!!

We've been drowning as well. Our ETL finally gathered as many Flow and Instocks guys as possible and we got last week's freight finally put up....just in time for this week! Only 2 more weeks of seasonal. Can we make it???

We've been murdering our forecasts for the past week or two, in the order of tens of thousands of dollars. That's being reflected in our freight flow too... Factoring in the EOS Trim/Candy/Toys push, we've taken 4 2800 piece trucks in a row now, which is about as big as they get for our B volume. We don't have the staffing to properly get these trucks done! Well the push is fine, but our backstock is becoming mountainous!!

If you weren't in Minnesota, I'd swear you were at my store!

My store is C volume store and lately we've been treading very closely with our goal. Last night we were up by less than a thousand, but for the year we're hemorrhaging money and down by several hundred thousand from goal.

We've been doing OK, pretty much squeaking out plan each day by the edge of our teeth and a few days doing better.
Anybody looking forward to the big 2 day ad special their hitting us with to make up for this?
Friday and Saturday will be a real joy for all of you scheduled, I'm glad I just have to set the it and not work it.

2666 piece truck Saturday, 2660 piece truck today, and 2345 piece truck tomorrow. "C" volume store here.... Were getting nailed with extra freight for Mini-Seasonal and S.S.S. The sicking part is, we weren't suppose to get any end of year push from the DC because we go into our remodel right after Christmas. Ugh......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back