Archived Same Day Home Delivery FF Pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else heard the rumor that Target will be trying out a pilot where team member make delivery's to guest's homes? For example the guest goes online like they would normally for a FF, and selects same day delivery. The information is transferred to there local Target. The team member then packs up the FF like normal...but instead of the guest picking up at guest service. The team member drives the product to the guest's home.

Who else is excited to be personal shoppers?

Lots of potential issues with this:

- How far away can a delivery take place?
- Is there a minimum dollar amount for an order to avoid someone ordering something for $5.
- Are we charging a fee for this service?
- Is this team member going to have this as their only responsibility and be on the clock during all normal business hours?

Lots of potential issues with this:

- How far away can a delivery take place?
- Is there a minimum dollar amount for an order to avoid someone ordering something for $5.
- Are we charging a fee for this service?
- Is this team member going to have this as their only responsibility and be on the clock during all normal business hours?
I'm sure your address would have to be within a set radius. I'm not sure about the other questions. I was hoping someone else heard something about this too? My STL was saying that the delivery person might not actually be a Target Team Member...it would be contracted like Target Mobile.

Since I think about leaving the store mid shift on a regular basis, I wouldn't mind doing this. Just as long as I get reimbursed for gas.

Or, I mean, just be like Jimmy Johns. Very narrow delivery field, hire regular joes to do the driving.

Anyone else heard the rumor that Target will be trying out a pilot where team member make delivery's to guest's homes? For example the guest goes online like they would normally for a FF, and selects same day delivery. The information is transferred to there local Target. The team member then packs up the FF like normal...but instead of the guest picking up at guest service. The team member drives the product to the guest's home.

Yeah I'm not doing that. Sorry I can't drive.

I used to work at a pizza delivery place...getting people to be available for an hour to accept a pizza delivery was hard enough. Getting them to be available for a delivery between 1pm and 5pm would be a nightmare.

Will Target supply the car? Give me a GTR Ill keep our delivery speed score GREEN. ;)

Also could I conceal carry?
As silly as this sounds I'd do it lol. Drive around with my friends all day haha.

Will Target supply the car? Give me a GTR Ill keep our delivery speed score GREEN. ;)

Also could I conceal carry?
As silly as this sounds I'd do it lol. Drive around with my friends all day haha.
In PA it is illegal to carry as a delivery driver. In MD you can't carry/conceal legally, unless you have proof (police reports) of multiple threats against your life. Plus if you were to shoot someone Target is liable.

Yeah I'm not doing that. Sorry I can't drive.

Oh I can drive, and I do mean "Drive!" but no way will I use my personal car/truck and my insurance for this.. And you better carry huge liability if you are thinking of doing it.. If it comes to that.

Just so everyone is clear, select stores - and by select, I mean one or two stores - that will be piloting this will have two to three dedicated "delivery team members". Their sole job will be to pack up van-like vehicle that will be owned by Target, you would not be driving your own vehicle. Kind of like the smaller FedEx vans. Basically, there will be a dedicated area in the backroom by the loading docks for same day delivery orders. The TM will bring the 'Target van' to the loading dock, pack up, deliver, and repeat. Obviously there will be a more uniform, set schedule for the deliveries and process.

I heard there will be a central location where the items will ship from, say a location in Chicago that would service Northern Ill.,Southern Wis.,Northern Ind.,possibly Southern Mich.Also heard spot would be teaming up with Goggle to make this happen they would deliver...Its already being tested in the San Fran Bay area its called Shopping Express its a subscription service that you sign up for. Limited to urban areas and also being tested now by Goggle employees. If all goes well it will be a nationwide roll out by the holidays. Spot and Goggle teaming up against Amazon..

Last edited:
Definitely will not be rolled out across the country by the holidays...Maybe 2015-2016 at the earliest, if it even leaves the pilot - which it probably won't. Target is, and always will be behind the ball. There is no partnership and no plans on a partnership with Google...Google is an online retail competitor.

Interesting. I live in a county outside of NYC and one of the stores here is doing the same day delivery, which is weird because we aren't exactly NYC 20180406_164424.jpg

I can see it being good for some items and some locations. My previous store had lots of cyclists that would drop in to shop and end up buying more than they could carry so we’d hold it for them until they came back. Or the occasional baby bulk splurge grandparents gift to the new parents.

My store is doing it

Our sfs team hangs on by a thread leading nowhere and it's a daily life and death struggle to even meet goaltimes. SDD has been damaging to our sfs times.

Our SDD orders have been mainly large grocery shopping ones, which takes a chunk out of sfs time due to having to stop what we are doing, run to grab the purchase, bring it to the SDD area, take out fridge/frozen groceries, rebag them and put labels on all bags oh and we have already run out of space to place our orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back