Archived scanning out the ad vs keying it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever since I've been with Spot, my store (ULV) has always keyed out the ad instead of actually scanning it out. If you're unfamiliar with this, it means that we go through each aisle and rip down the expiring signs starting around maybe 7pm without ever touching a PDA, then right at 9pm we go into the signing app, and hit "sign not found" for every single sign in the store. I've been there 3.5 years and I've never seen it done any other way. However within the last month or so, we've begun actually scanning it out, beginning around 7pm. I'm aware that we're going to get dinged for starting so early, but my ETL just told me "it has to get done."

Has any other store recently started doing things like this? If you have, what issues have you run into? Last night, I found that someone had scanned ALL the checklane signs into CL5, instead of their actual location. Huge pain in the butt.

Ever since I've been with Spot, my store (ULV) has always keyed out the ad instead of actually scanning it out. If you're unfamiliar with this, it means that we go through each aisle and rip down the expiring signs starting around maybe 7pm without ever touching a PDA, then right at 9pm we go into the signing app, and hit "sign not found" for every single sign in the store. I've been there 3.5 years and I've never seen it done any other way. However within the last month or so, we've begun actually scanning it out, beginning around 7pm. I'm aware that we're going to get dinged for starting so early, but my ETL just told me "it has to get done."

Has any other store recently started doing things like this? If you have, what issues have you run into? Last night, I found that someone had scanned ALL the checklane signs into CL5, instead of their actual location. Huge pain in the butt.

We tried this for a few months last year and we never got all of them down AND a decent zone before 11pm. I think we killed it again when someone (guess who?) made the point that it wasn't an important metric on DTK.

My store FREAKS OUT when we "not found" a SINGLE SIGN.

We start pulling signs down, aisle by aisle, around 6pm. They get bundled with elastic bands by aisle, and disbursed to guest services and the fitting room. We cannot start scanning them out until 9pm. At 9pm, we begin scanning them out. If it says a sign is missing, we HAVE to type in the sign number it says-- no pressing "n"!!!

....my store is a little psycho about some things. But, we do get signing hours FOR that.... so we tend to get it all done just fine.

Don't hit "n" or not found on the takedown. with the new PVC report, it will add to the task list the next morning or till it is scanned off the report. The ad setup or new pogs are the same way.

Last edited:
If you press "n" on Saturday night will it still add the sign to the Sunday PCV? By then the sign would no longer be valid.

We've done "n" not found for atleast the past two years, they say the system will take you to the location of the missing sign for the Price Audit, but it has yet to take us to a old ad sign..... I think they said that merely to get stores on Best Practice.

We've done "n" not found for atleast the past two years, they say the system will take you to the location of the missing sign for the Price Audit, but it has yet to take us to a old ad sign..... I think they said that merely to get stores on Best Practice.

We did it the same way, too. But, we had some ad setup issues in certain areas last week. I had 22 signs missing in 1 aisle from takedown. We do have issues on bp at my store too.

We were taking them down, boxing them up, throwing them in the compactor for recycle and scanning them out "not found" for 5 years then just recently it has all changed because we got a new STL. it makes sense now that we have changed. i creates more work for the LOD next day with their new PCVs or price audit responsibilities. Zone is horrible at open Sundays now

We were taking them down, boxing them up, throwing them in the compactor for recycle and scanning them out "not found" for 5 years then just recently it has all changed because we got a new STL. it makes sense now that we have changed. i creates more work for the LOD next day with their new PCVs or price audit responsibilities. Zone is horrible at open Sundays now

That's happening at my store too.

This is so Target. Have a program thats goal is to make sure you have all your signs up and down when they should be. Then never give the payroll even close to what you need to do the job. So everybody in the company is doing it ten different way so they credit for doing it but, in the end the primary goal is never reached.

we start at 9pm taking the signs down. We scan them out as we take them down and our zone is fine at the end of the night. Everyone (including cashiers) are scheduled an hour after close. It's a big team effort but we usually even get all of the abandon done too.

I think the major problem stores have is that you can't scan them out until late in the evening. As someone else posted, my store has the signing team members start taking signs down around 7 p.m. They go aisle by aisle, rubber banding each aisle. One member will do A, one does B and so on. Then they take them to TSC and we are allowed to scan them out at 10 p.m. After they scan out each pile they made, they hit "F" for finished and then key out whatever signs were not found. This seems to be working. Depending on how many signing team members are scheduled, we are able to get done by 11:30 p.m. or so. Later if the ad was pretty big. Our Guest Service TM helps while it's slow up front and the ETL and TL (if there is one) for the evening will help as well. If the signs are still being scanned after the cash office is locked up, the GSTL/GSA will help too. Some Saturdays it runs smooth, sometimes it runs late, but the signs get scanned out every week with no big issues.

I think I will bring this take down method to my TL. If it is working in other stores to save time and it is (close to) the proper process they might do it.

But why not just N-Found all of the signs? It's not a metric that matters and you can still be green by "n-found"ing all the signs. Then use all that extra payroll to achieve a better zone and lave a more Brand store?

But why not just N-Found all of the signs? It's not a metric that matters and you can still be green by "n-found"ing all the signs. Then use all that extra payroll to achieve a better zone and lave a more Brand store?

Because, after you N-found all of the signs, price audit will send you there through the week to find the signs and scan them down. This is how the system makes sure that old signs get removed. The price audit isn't there just to make sure that new signs are up, it's also there to make sure that old signs get taken down to reduce the number of price challenges.

It is a metric now. All the signs that are "not found" drop into the PCV for the next morning and that has to be completed by a certain time. By not founding all the signs for the entire store, you've now made a gigantic PCV that will need the entire team to complete on a Sunday.

Because, after you N-found all of the signs, price audit will send you there through the week to find the signs and scan them down. This is how the system makes sure that old signs get removed. The price audit isn't there just to make sure that new signs are up, it's also there to make sure that old signs get taken down to reduce the number of price challenges.

Ah. I left the SF a few months ago before the new PCV thingy rolled out and didn't know this. I consider myself schooled. But now I wonder how my store is handling this as I haven't heard anyone mention a new way of scanning down sign. I will have to investigate tomorrow.

By the way, I have helped a few times with the new price audit and I love the "You did this task too fast. Are you sure you're not being a worthless lazy Bullseye turd?" screen.

wow we don't scan anything up or down anymore....maybe that's why our PCV is like 200 tasks average.lol

wow we don't scan anything up or down anymore....maybe that's why our PCV is like 200 tasks average.lol

We scan everything up but not found the whole store to take down. Our PCV is huge but we just hand key all the tasks and pencil whip it. Waste. Of. Time. So the million dollar question is how does that affect our PCV score?

Ah. I left the SF a few months ago before the new PCV thingy rolled out and didn't know this. I consider myself schooled. But now I wonder how my store is handling this as I haven't heard anyone mention a new way of scanning down sign. I will have to investigate tomorrow.

By the way, I have helped a few times with the new price audit and I love the "You did this task too fast. Are you sure you're not being a worthless lazy Bullseye turd?" screen.

So I my supported this last Sunday and the response said that once a sign is scanned out OR NOt Found on a Saturday night, it is considered dead and will not drop into a future price audit. There is an admitted glitch with this when a DPCI has both a TPC and a sale/as advertised/New at Target/sub, etc. I may test this in the next few weeks...

I love that screen also lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back